Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Updating and connecting rc

Reaction score
I finally got my AC to update to the new firmware, but the RC is being stubborn. I'm using the same SD card that I used for the AC update, with only the bin file on it. I've tried to update the RC via a thumb reader and the usb port, and by inserting the sd card into the camera and connecting the camera to the RC. No luck either way, would love any sugestions.

Also, how do you get to 'camera mode' in the new app?

try to use a regular usb drive, not a reader, and put only the firmware bin file on it.

i'm the same way I have the dji GO but nothing happened ,I cannot get into the equipment icon
then tried a reader ,nothing ,the rc unit stays green with the aircraft powered up
Now I have connected the camera to the rc unit but nothing is happening the rc unit led shows green all the time never went to a blue led

the slave updated using a fresh usb stick and as soon as i plugged in it went into the upgrade
The master RC is still not accepting anything
anu ideas

Yup, they used different usb drive instead of reader with sd card. Try changing the updated slave to master and vice versa

I could do that ,its a lot of messing around but its an option
Every combination was used and no upgarde not a peep

Yea I'm not sure what to tell ya, lots of people have lots of weird unexplainable problems. Since you did the one controller you clearly know the process. Did you format the drive and put just the bin file on it or use the same one? Maybe it sees the log file complete from the first remote and thinks it's done already, all I can think of

when i did the remote i formatted a usb stick and copied the bin file to the stick
stuck it into the remote and away it went
With that satisfaction I did the same with the master which just sat there green light and nothing
i formatted 3 more usb sticks and tried it ,the master has the red led on and if the inspire is turned on its green but there is no signal and its not connected

I find all this odd as the master RC was fine until i used the sd card that did 3 batteries and the inspire perfectly,then when i moved that sd card over to the master RC it just did not respond

when i did the remote i formatted a usb stick and copied the bin file to the stick
stuck it into the remote and away it went
With that satisfaction I did the same with the master which just sat there green light and nothing
i formatted 3 more usb sticks and tried it ,the master has the red led on and if the inspire is turned on its green but there is no signal and its not connected
you did insert the usb drive before powering up the remote correct?

may have screwed something up using the card with the log file from the inspire update on it. Ive never had this issue myself but i swear ive seen a post with something about a cleaner/reset file for the remotes to fix this problem. Ive read about so many problems its hard to keep track of them all however.

oh i do have one more idea, when you formatted this usb drives what file system did you use?

I always power up the Rc after the usb stick is plugged in and i a using a PC so its either fat32 or ntfs format

I always power up the Rc after the usb stick is plugged in and i a using a PC so its either fat32 or ntfs format
Did you ever have any luck? My result was same as yours: inserted fresh thumb drive with the bin file into slave and it started updating immediately, so I made that remote the 'master'. I want to switch the old master to slave, but it won't upgrade...not with thumb drive, not connecting to the camera. It doesn't connect to the AC, so I can't go into camera mode on the app to make the switch. Any thoughts? I did try the update procedure posted by turbo to no avail, and DJI tech support isn't that supportive (at least via online chat).

I did try the update procedure posted by turbo to no avail, and DJI tech support isn't that supportive (at least via online chat).

Have you tried Aviator's procedure with .bin files to reset your RC and start from scratch? It's a sticky in the help section.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa