Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Updating Firmware on Olympus lens

Reaction score
I own 3 Olympus lenses but do not own an Olympus camera. From what I have read that is the only way to update the lens firmware is to have it mounted on an Olympus camera body or pay to send it off to be done.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to just pick up a used Olympus camera body just to update my lens from time to time. Not looking to spend a lot I was wondering if any camera experts out there could direct me to some older camera models that were new enough to use for the purpose of firmware updates. I went to the Olympus website but did not find my answer.

Thanks in advance for any guidance in this matter.

That's a good point actually.... I was thinking of buying an Olympus body to share the lenses anyway... One more justification on the list...

That's a good point actually.... I was thinking of buying an Olympus body to share the lenses anyway... One more justification on the list...
Or take them to a reputable shop and they might be willing to do it for you. I was offered that at my local shop. Not sure what a FW could improve though..

Indeed... We like to keep things up to date, but there's only so much scope with a lense...

I was looking at some older models on eBay that had hdmi and usb plug-ins. I’m thinking of spending a couple of bucks to try it out. They be had for around $50.

I picked up an Olympus Air with the 14-42mm zoom a few years ago mainly for that purpose. The price wasn't much more than the zoom lens alone, but that was then. I would't necessarily go that route now though because the camera is completely dependent on their lousy OA.central app.

What happens if a Olympus 14-42 isn’t ‘updated’?
Good question!
Also me, would like to know this, if a specific firmware version of the lens can give problems or solve a problem, but above all if it can influence its behavior on the Zenmuse DJI, not on the micro 4/3 cameras by Olympus and Panasonic.
My two Olympus 14-42mm are completely unusable on the X5S of Inspire 2, the AF never works or almost never, completely crazy his behaviour, thus made also me crazy in the past, when at the start, at the shortest focal lenght initially it get the focus, and then lose it completely during the flight as soon as I was moving the focal length and was almost never able to recover it again, even at 14mm, so as to have to abort the flight.
At the contrary my Panasonic Lumix version of 14-42 works normally.

Good question!
Also me, would like to know this, if a specific firmware version of the lens can give problems or solve a problem, but above all if it can influence its behavior on the Zenmuse DJI, not on the micro 4/3 cameras by Olympus and Panasonic.
My two Olympus 14-42mm are completely unusable on the X5S of Inspire 2, the AF never works or almost never, completely crazy his behaviour, thus made also me crazy in the past, when at the start, at the shortest focal lenght initially it get the focus, and then lose it completely during the flight as soon as I was moving the focal length and was almost never able to recover it again, even at 14mm, so as to have to abort the flight.
At the contrary my Panasonic Lumix version of 14-42 works normally.

And a firmware update would fix this lens?

They make USB updater adapters for Sigma, Nikon, Canon lenes.... I did a quick search and didn't find one for Olympus but I bet they are out there.Screenshot_20190120-225315.jpg

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips