Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrade suggestions

Reaction score
I will soon be part 107 compliant and hope to be operational by the end of next month. At this time I have the I 1v2 with x3 camera. I have some dollars to spend on upgrades and backups but thought I might ask you guys what you think may be the best way to go for starting up. I don't have unlimited funds but expect to be able to afford what I need. Things I have thought about:

X5/R camera - which lens do you use most
backup drone (wonder if DJI will release new mavic 2/phantom 5 somewhat soon)
landing pad

Heck, the P4P has a better camera and though maybe that could be my new primary and the inspire be backup. Thoughts?

If you have any suggestions from experience let me know. I have enough batteries to get started but will always acquire more.

Good fortunes with your 107 and business. You touched on my suggestion; get the P4P. The camera is stupid good, it's a great UAV and does just about everything you could want. If you go to the X5, unless your expecting to do a lot of true cinematography work for the big screen, skip the "R" and just go with the X5. On the X5 series my favorite lens is the Oly 12.

Thanks for the reply. I was not sold on the 5R just because I do not plan on doing high-end long videos. Plus it would put a slight damper on the budget.

As ever it comes down to your business plan and what markets you are addressing. Inspection work? I1Pro. It's a great workhorse and you can easily fit lenses up to 100mm for real close up work with safe standoff. Mapping? Get a P4P as the mechanical shutter helps accurate work. General aerial imagery? I1P again because of the flexibility of lenses. However, the P4P will cover this adequately. If you don't know what you want to do with it, you can't really choose the tool.

I have P4P and I2 and use P4P twice more often since it is faster to assemble and fly.
The camera does great 4K / stills and I had some situations where x4s (same camera on P4P)on I2 did better then x5s.
Best of luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineL