Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X7 recalibrate in mid-air?

Reaction score
Hello All,

Been flying the I2 and X7 combo for more than 4 years now.
The last few months the X7 will lose gimbal control entirely and go crazy in mid-air, almost like it is re-calibrating. This happens maybe 2 or 3 times during a single job.
It seems to occur in high speed or windy conditions.

We had a job 2 days ago where we had 2 I2's and X7's with us (one as a backup). Since my gimbal was having issues we decided to fly the backup X7 with my I2. Same issue with the backup X7 was occurring.
My other Op was on camera this day and I was flying the bird. His I2 and X7 were the backup. He has the stock propellers where as I have the carbon fiber. That seems to be the only difference between our I2's.
He states he has never had this problem with his I2 X7 combo.

I started a repair ticket but now I am hesitant in sending the X7 in as we were able to duplicate the issue with his gimbal. It makes me think there is an issue with my I2 and perhaps the carbon fiber blades have something to do with it?; and additionally maybe the I2 needs to be sent in with the X7?
Any one else getting these hiccups? Want to see before I send out for repair.

Have you checked your vibration dampner board? That seems to be the common point of contact. It’s a common repair that you can do yourself.

Agree, the damping mount maybe the cause. You can purchase the mount with new payload connector and bushing or just purchase new rubber bushing (insulators).

I found replacing the whole mount more productive in correcting several oddities often discussed on fourm.

If it's the X7, I create a DJI ticket for a repair & refresh.

Have you checked your vibration dampner board? That seems to be the common point of contact. It’s a common repair that you can do yourself.
Thanks for the input. Maybe I am completely wrong and I hope so; but the camera moves so erratically that it's beyond "dampening." I would think the dampening board helps smooth out shots. No? This is not a smooth shot problem. The problem is like the X7 has a "seizure" tilting or angling in one or two directions quickly; which lasts maybe a second then goes back to center again. Should I still be looking at replacing the dampening board? Have to find a Youtube video on that.

Thanks for the input. Maybe I am completely wrong and I hope so; but the camera moves so erratically that it's beyond "dampening." I would think the dampening board helps smooth out shots. No? This is not a smooth shot problem. The problem is like the X7 has a "seizure" tilting or angling in one or two directions quickly; which lasts maybe a second then goes back to center again. Should I still be looking at replacing the dampening board? Have to find a Youtube video on that.
That does sound more like a DJI Repair ticket... I've had excellent results with DJI Service. Although for the low cost and quick replacement, replacement of the mount wouldn't be a lost cause if it's original mount.

Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop