Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upward Facing Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I wanted to do some indoor (ceiling) imaging, and so require my camera facing upwards. I've been trying to find a gimbal that would work for this but so far have been unsuccessful. For reference, I have a custom drone that I can mount stuff on top. Are there any gimbals out there that I can mount on top of my drone? And are there any cameras you guys could recommend for such a gimbal? Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

I wanted to do some indoor (ceiling) imaging, and so require my camera facing upwards. I've been trying to find a gimbal that would work for this but so far have been unsuccessful. For reference, I have a custom drone that I can mount stuff on top. Are there any gimbals out there that I can mount on top of my drone? And are there any cameras you guys could recommend for such a gimbal? Thanks in advance!
Whats your budget?
The Freefly Alta (Skyview) will do what you are after ALTA Camera Drone with Folding Carbon Booms by Freefly

Whats your budget?
The Freefly Alta (Skyview) will do what you are after ALTA Camera Drone with Folding Carbon Booms by Freefly

My budget for the entire drone + gimbal + camera is $5k USD. I wouldn't need to mount my 5D DSLR on it, so the Freefly is overkill. Images and 720p video is fine for me. I was thinking more of a mount that I could buy and attach to one of my self-built drones. The Freefly does look cool!

Whats your budget?
Just been doing a shoot with one these past couple of days, it's a really great machine. Only thing I have against it right now is... their hard 400ft altitude limitation, and even more so the fact that they do not mention it anywhere. Unacceptable for a machine of this price. Did cause us unexpected trouble on the shoot.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game