Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Use any tablet with enough memory and processor

Reaction score
I know theres tons of threads about tablets and i have asked this question in those threads but haven't got an answer, so i figure maybe i need to start a new thread to be sure my question gets noticed?

Anyway, can i use any Android tablet as long as it has enough memory and a fast enough processor?

For example the Samsung galaxy Note 8.0 has 2 GB memory and a 1,6 Ghz quad core processor (ARM Cortex A-9), shouldn't that be enough to use with the GO app without any lag? The Ipad mini 2 has a dual core processor and 1 GB memory so if that works why wouldn't double that memory and processor work?
But i only see a few Android tablets listed as compatible on the DJI website.

So can i use any Android tablet as long as it has enough memory and a fast enough processor, or are there other things that are important on the tablet other than memory and processor?
Thanks in advance.

The reason why you get no answer is that no one wants to tell you "go ahead", and then hear it doesn't work well.
You can use any tablet or phone with a supported android version and the app will run, but it's basically impossible to know how well just from the specs because there are dozens of unspecified parameters at play. Hence why it's recommended to stick with what others have tried and reported to work well.

Okay but that sounds a bit strange to me since it should be known what the requirements are to be able to run the app smoothly, like is it dependent on the memory or the processor etc. ?

Thats the way it is with other units where they say this unit needs at least this much memory to run smoothly, or this unit needs at least an I5 processor at 2,0 Ghz. So one would think there is no difference with the GO app either?

But maybe the GO app is different then?

I think i will just go with the iPad Mini 2 or iPad Air to be on the safe side. Im more of an IOS person anyway.

Thanks.

Last edited:
There are many different processor types on tablets that can give different performance even at the same frequency, different graphics cores, then the performance of all of that depends on how well the particular manufacturer has customised the OS and drivers for a given model... Then there are devices that have a powerful processor that does well in the short duration tasks that are common on these devices but when loaded continuously like with the GO app it will only run at full power for a few seconds/minutes before throttling down due to heat, etc...

Okay there are that many Factors playing in? Well i will go with an iPad that we know will work.

I have a Samsung S8 for my second controller. it works great at first but as the flight goes on it will start lagging.

I use the NVidia for my main tablet and it works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84