Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Used drone worth?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, need a little help here.
I'm considering buying a used Inspire 2. It has been crashed and refurbed and has been in service for a little over 2 years. What would be a fair price?
Thanks in advance for your help.

think we’d really need to know what’s included? Ie: rolling case, x4s camera, number of batteries and cycles. And, what was damaged previously and refurbed by the seller or a drone business?

Sure...rolling case, x4s, 12 batteries (cycles unknown). The drone crashed into a building and was thoroughly wrecked, the refurb cost $575 or so. It was refurbed by DJI.

Sure...rolling case, x4s, 12 batteries (cycles unknown). The drone crashed into a building and was thoroughly wrecked, the refurb cost $575 or so. It was refurbed by DJI.
I got mine basically open box new but registered already, 2 batts, x4s, no rolling case, for 2k. It was a good deal. It may be worth more but being a refurb and batteries potentially questionable, think I’d offer 1500-2000, maybe as high as 2400 if it felt right. So what’s the asking?

I got mine basically open box new but registered already, 2 batts, x4s, no rolling case, for 2k. It was a good deal. It may be worth more but being a refurb and batteries potentially questionable, think I’d offer 1500-2000, maybe as high as 2400 if it felt right. So what’s the asking?
1500-2000, 2400 what?

Battery cycles unknown may be a concern. I think most good pilots are tracking that info. All my batteries have a cycle count sticker on them that I can update every time they are used.
Use some caution on the battery values.

No asking. I was told to make an offer. I was thinking $2400 to $3000 (the remote comes with a 10" iPad) but didn't really know for sure which is why I'm asking you fine people.
I mean 1500-2000 is meaningless without a currency. This is an International forum and without knowing 1500 what it doesn't help you.

I can say with absolute certainty that it's definitely worth 2400 pesos, but probably not worth 2400 shekels. If only we knew where this was being sold....

I agree with Starz on the battery thing. Most pilots track that data. And even if they don't, they know that that would be important information to include in the sale of a drone. Even if he didn't actively track that data, he could still easily ascertain that data by simply turning the dang thing on and writing down a couple numbers. If he's not willing to do that, I question everything about him.

In other words, you probably don't want to buy a drone from a guy whose level of drone diligence may be in question, no more than you would want to buy a car from a guy who has no idea when the oil was last changed.

Because you're taking a chance, I would low ball him.

D

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for your input. I've been able to gather the relevant information. It's a good deal! Sometimes good things happen. Happy flying all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters