Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Useless app features/or improvement ideas

Reaction score
As a novice, I bought the Inspire because of its many user friendly and built in, advertised, features. I realize now, after over 60 flights, that I've never used auto takeoff or auto land. I just enjoy, and feel much more in control, and safer, to manually do this. Don't know if I'll ever try these marketing features.

Enjoy life and be nice

Oh! Thanks for reminding me that it's there!
The last time I seen the auto take off being used it ended really badly...

Last edited:
I only buy manual cars because I like to have more control plus it is more fun to drive. Same with this. More to do the more fun it is. Thats why a quad that just follows me or my subject does not interest me at all. I am here to fly. I guess a lot more people are here for the photography aspect.

If you compare the landing with the Phantom this one is much easier the land on ground.It's way more stable on the landingfeet.Also it's more fun to do.I never used autolanding or auto take-off

As a novice, I bought the Inspire because of its many user friendly and built in, advertised, features. I realize now, after over 60 flights, that I've never used auto takeoff or auto land. I just enjoy, and feel much more in control, and safer, to manually do this. Don't know if I'll ever try these marketing features.

Enjoy life and be nice

I enjoy using the auto-takeoff and landing features and have used them many times without any problems.
You know what they say, Everyone has an opinion.

Just a gripe, but I personally cant stand how hidden the AE lock is...you cant see it at all when there's sky in the shot.

I got tired of forgetting to raise the landing gear so use the auto takeoff every time now and that problem is solved.

Reactions: Kilrah
As a photographer I am using photoshop for editing , I just use prox. 10% of its features , but I am sure that rest of the 90% are not useless features, because someone else might have good use of it.
By the way ,my 8 years old truck is equipped with spear tire ,I never used , but it is good thing to have it

Reactions: sdjackaerial
As a photographer I am using photoshop for editing , I just use prox. 10% of its features , but I am sure that rest of the 90% are not useless features, because someone else might have good use of it.
By the way ,my 8 years old truck is equipped with spear tire ,I never used , but it is good thing to have it
I agree, I am not smart enough for most features on software, whether it be my word processor, video editor, or even on my car. I even have a problem setting up my dvd or tv remote, and find that the features I never use are useless to me because either I never use them (like auto take off and land) or am too dumb to understand how to use them (like some of the camera settings) . Maybe dji could give us a checkbox menu on the app settings to hide (or add) features which are useless to us… making it a cleaner interface for us older, dumber, customers -- or perhaps even add some more features that some customers might want but are not in the software because they might be too complicated or unnecessary for most customers

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
Reactions: sdjackaerial
I agree, I am not smart enough for most features on software, whether it be my word processor, video editor, or even on my car. I even have a problem setting up my dvd or tv remote, and find that the features I never use are useless to me because either I never use them (like auto take off and land) or am too dumb to understand how to use them (like some of the camera settings) . Maybe dji could give us a checkbox menu on the app settings to hide (or add) features which are useless to us… making it a cleaner interface for us older, dumber, customers -- or perhaps even add some more features that some customers might want but are not in the software because they might be too complicated or unnecessary for most customers

Enjoy life and be nice
Customize screen options. What an awesome idea.

Enjoy life and be nice

You aren't only one avoiding these features ,as I mentioned I don't use this stuff either.
But customizing the controls ,in my opinion you will get tangle in it even more .
My advise would be to develop your own routine ( the most comfortable way to control the craft) ,ignore the features you don't use ,and enjoy flying.

Last edited:
Photoshop is the same as Autocad.Lots of features which you hardly use.I work with both of them and I always make time every month to find out new things.It's just like flying your Inspire,practice and try to do new things.
Btw Photoshop and Autocad are great!(Just like the Inspire)

We all have computers. They are capable of an uncountable number of tasks. Anyone using them all? We use em for what we need them for. Then we just get to be presently surprised when we find features. Like most things, the more you use something, the more specific and detailed you will become with it and in turn need more specific features. Keep Em all. I may need it someday.

We all have computers. They are capable of an uncountable number of tasks. Anyone using them all? We use em for what we need them for. Then we just get to be presently surprised when we find features. Like most things, the more you use something, the more specific and detailed you will become with it and in turn need more specific features. Keep Em all. I may need it someday.
I agree to keep them all, even add more. I was suggesting a method to simplify my interface, such as a checkbox in setup for features I mainly use, just like my phone, computer screen, word processor, etc. Might not be feasible or desirable by users of the dji app, though, to have a customizable interface.

Enjoy life and be nice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop