Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Using a generator to charge in the field

Yes it does. It just attaches to the + battery terminal. The only awkward bit is stringing in the heavy cable from the engine compartment to where your battery is, usually in the boot/trunk.

Right ok so it connects to the battery (not sure where mine is on a Merc ML) then you run the cable to your boot and attach that to the leisure battery. then you connect the sine wave converter to the leisure battery and then plug whatever charging device into that?

Right ok so it connects to the battery (not sure where mine is on a Merc ML) then you run the cable to your boot and attach that to the leisure battery. then you connect the sine wave converter to the leisure battery and then plug whatever charging device into that?
Don't forget to put a fuse in line (on the positive (+) side)!

reading online it looks like my battery may be under the drivers seat of all places. I suppose that is less distance to the boot but I think I'll ask a local stereo/electronics guy what he'd charge to fit it and run the cable into the boot space.

How did you get on Richard?

Using the KIT that Irishsights posted, a 110mah Leisure battery and 1200w Pure Sign Wave inverter from sunshine solar, everything is rigged up in the boot of my Audi and working brilliantly!, it was just like the old days of installing sound systems. I use it with the Smart Powercharger mainly and have absolutely no issues at all, was definitely the route to go with this. Only thing I am awaiting for now is the storage charge firmware for the Smart Powercharger which has been out in beta for a while to use by a select few, but in the typical style of DJI, taking forever to be released to the public. I am so fussy about getting the batteries back into storage after every job and it would be so useful to do this on the smart powercharger whilst on the move.

How did you get on Richard?

Using the KIT that Irishsights posted, a 110mah Leisure battery and 1200w Pure Sign Wave inverter from sunshine solar, everything is rigged up in the boot of my Audi and working brilliantly!, it was just like the old days of installing sound systems. I use it with the Smart Powercharger mainly and have absolutely no issues at all, was definitely the route to go with this. Only thing I am awaiting for now is the storage charge firmware for the Smart Powercharger which has been out in beta for a while to use by a select few, but in the typical style of DJI, taking forever to be released to the public. I am so fussy about getting the batteries back into storage after every job and it would be so useful to do this on the smart powercharger whilst on the move.

Hi

I'm yet to do it as I'm crap with electrics. I definitely would like to get it sorted though as I think there is enough space under the lid in the boot to fit it all in.

I'm using 2x100W solar panels + 2x 80Ah batteries for storage.

9a083508b639f05b9952175bf7aaf35c.jpg

Chris

Reactions: gruvpix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG