Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Using Osmo with Inspire X3 without FW update.

Reaction score
Hello Guys...

I will be traveling by a location where I will pick up an Inspire 1 X3 camera plus the handle alone, I wont have my Inspire 1 around and I plan to use it the same day but the X3 might not have the 1.5 FW of the inspire in order to work for the X3 camera... If I connect it to the Osmo and update FW could I brick it? Or could I make it work again when I have my Inspire 1 available and update from there so that it works on both the Osmo and the Inspire.

let me know,
JC

You must first update the cameras firmware on an inspire... Then you can do the update on the OSMO after. If your firmware predates the addition of inspire, you MUST have a bird to prepare the camera for OSMO

Thank Jon...

So if I understand correctly in I only have the X3 and the Osmo I can make it work... but when I want to make it work on the Inspire I have to update the FW there in order for it to work?

I wont brick the X3 camera or make it inoperable since I plan to use it on the Osmo first?

Thank Jon...

So if I understand correctly in I only have the X3 and the Osmo I can make it work... but when I want to make it work on the Inspire I have to update the FW there in order for it to work?

I wont brick the X3 camera or make it inoperable since I plan to use it on the Osmo first?
No sorry, sounds like I misunderstood. You have an OSMO with its own X3 then right? If that's the case, regardless of firmware, you won't be able to fly the OSMO camera as it stands now. The inspire X3 will work with an OSMO, just be sure you first, upgrade to the latest firmware while it's on the bird, then run the update for OSMO firmware when it's mounted on the handle

No sorry, sounds like I misunderstood. You have an OSMO with its own X3 then right? If that's the case, regardless of firmware, you won't be able to fly the OSMO camera as it stands now. The inspire X3 will work with an OSMO, just be sure you first, upgrade to the latest firmware while it's on the bird, then run the update for OSMO firmware when it's mounted on the handle

Jon, let me put it as clear as I can because english is not my primary lenguage.

I ordered in the US which I will be visiting next week an Osmo Handle only and a white inspire 1 x3 camera for my pro inspire 1 which I will not be taking with me.

So I will only have the new osmo handle and a new inspire 1 x3 camera that I want to use on my trip in the US and then use it on my Inspire when I get back home.

So if I update firmware to make it work with the osmo handle, will that make the x3 camera inoperable for my inspire since I did not updated it in the requested order which is inspire first? Or when I get back I just update the FW with the inspire and the camera is good to go for both osmo and inspire?

This is of course assuming the x3 inspire camera will come with a firmware below 1.5 which I think it will.

Hope I was clear and thanks!

Gotcha. So you will be good to go but you must first download the latest firmware for your inspire and install that. Once you have done that, download the latest OSMO firmware and put it on a micro SD chip and take it with you (make certain the bin file is in the root directory of the chip, not in a subfolder)

When you get to the states and have your handle, the Inspire camera will be ready to attach to your OSMO. Put the chip in the camera and turn on the OSMO. You will see it updating by the flashing LED on the left side of OSMO. When the LED goes solid green, you are done and ready to shoot!

All that's left is to install the DJIGO app on your phone, connect to the OSMO wireless network, launch the app and away you go.

Last thing... Be sure to charge your OSMO fully before use. The wireless will not work without a charged battery.

Good luck and enjoy! Love my OSMO with the Inspire camera

Thanks Jon

So when I get back home and want to use the purchased X3 camera on the inspire, I should just attach the X3 to the inspire and update, then it should work flawlessly?

Jon musinderstood that you can't first upgrade the I1 X3 cam before you leave as you bought it in the US too along with the handle.

The Inspire X3 needs to be updated on an Inspire before you can use it on the Osmo, so no guarantees with your setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo