Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

video mode breaksup file size

Reaction score
While flying and filming video my microSD card brings back multi .mp4 or .mov file sizes versus one single large file. This while set for 4K UHD or 1080p, H.264 output.

Is there a setting that I need to adjust to keep one large file being created? Local cache while recording settings?

If I'm understanding you correctly, the DJI cameras do not keep a single long file, why? I think it has to do with buffering, which is fine and dandy, except there is a few frame space from one file to another making it impossible to do a seamless edit, why? I haven't a clue. Yuneec does the same with the CGO3 camera but Yuneec had the presence of mind to make sure the separate files can be seamlessly edited together, just import to the editor and snap together you'd never know there was a space.

Unless things have changed recently, clips are stopped at 4GB and restart with another clip. I have not personally seen any missing data in between clips. Bringing the clips together or just the parts where the clips were separated has not been an issue from what I have seen lately.

Are you using an I1 or I2? I’ve always dealt with it on the osmo with the X5, I have not had to do anything that requires the clips to come together when flying yet, but I would be very pissed if I had a take broken up like that on the bird. With the osmo the break was around 8 minutes in and I always had to cut the take and re start was never able to do anything longer without anbreak

This is all because dji still do not support exfat. Fat format disks only support 4gb.

The original I2 brochure says that exfat is supported (asterisk - in a future release).

Still not happened, even for SSDs. A real pain with the larger ProRes files.

Wake up DJI, exfat has been around for years on both pc and Mac!

This is all because dji still do not support exfat. Fat format disks only support 4gb.

The original I2 brochure says that exfat is supported (asterisk - in a future release).

Still not happened, even for SSDs. A real pain with the larger ProRes files.

Wake up DJI, exfat has been around for years on both pc and Mac!
Not true. DJI already supports XFAT on all microSD cards 32GB and larger. Video is still broken into segments, but without any frames being dropped.

Please tell me how? The Go app only formats in FAT. If you put an Xfat SD in the aircraft, it is not recognised. DJI themselves told me that it is not supported.
GO 4 format of cards 32GB and larger in a P4P is in XFAT. XFAT formatted microSD cards from a PC of 32GB and larger are recognized and useable without reformatting in the P4P. YMMV with other aircraft. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1