Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video Record Problems

I have 2 Sandisk 64GB Extreme Pro cards that worked fine in my Phantom 3, but will not work in my Inspire 1. I was told in another forum that there is an issue with 64gb cards with the inspire. When I used the 64 gb cards, after 4 minutes of flying, I noticed the slider was switching back and forth from video to photo on the app. The inspire 1 was unable to format the card. Formatted both cards in PC fine, then put into Inspire and it formatted the cards, but same would happen after about 4 minutes again.

So I tried the 16gb card that came with the inspire and al is well.

How are you guys using 64gb cards?

I never use 64gb, no point, i use 32 or 16 and change every time i take off with new battery, that way should anything happen i don't lose everything, and as a result, i don;t need to have 64gb card...

Good point Kevin! I have read of people having flyaways after changing batteries. That way you'd at least have some video after changing batteries as you watched your I1 zoom off to Never-neverland.

I have been using 64GB cards. Had problems with the SanDisk, switched to PNY and have had no problems. But I like Kevin's idea so much, I may go back to 38GB cards, one per battery.

Good point Kevin! I have read of people having flyaways after changing batteries. That way you'd at least have some video after changing batteries as you watched your I1 zoom off to Never-neverland.

I have been using 64GB cards. Had problems with the SanDisk, switched to PNY and have had no problems. But I like Kevin's idea so much, I may go back to 38GB cards, one per battery.

Thank you, i think you will be surprised how many people do this, i am not the only one i'm sure... The reason i used 32gb cards primarily is because 4k footage can eat up a card. But with the price so cheap now, it just makes sense. I have numbered cards, and numbered batteries, the cards match the batteries, so i know i have the cards in that i need to be in for the filming i do and the time i spend in the air... ;)

A simple micro sd card holder, is the easiest way to do this... ;)

I use this from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X5BAXIU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

So, I promised an update when I got a new card. I ended up purchasing a PNY 64GB XC I. I finally got to use it yesterday and I had NO problems. None of the stopped recording problems or a clip locking up and not finalizing. It worked every time and I recorded 11 clips, some very long, some shorter. The PNY micro card replaces my SanDisk 64GB. Both are equally fast cards.

In fact, I seem to have a new problem...right in the middle of flying and recording video, twice I got a "Disconnected" warning from the GoApp. It just stopped working and went gray. Once, it was while I was landing and I could not stop the recording. The clip did not finalize until I landed, powered everything down, changed batteries and restarted everything. The clip then appeared to repair itself. But I supose this is a problem for another thread.

Its my guess the DJI processor just can't handle all the data in the 4K mode - when it chokes, it reaches a time-out and re-boots. I had the same problem - every time I tried to record 4K it would re-boot. Bought the fastest chip they make and now I can record - but every 2-5 times it sticks and or re-boots.

Unless your doing "Feature" work just record in 1080@60 it has more than enough quality for everything - there just isn't enough difference to worry about. Besides drone work is generally 25-100 feet from the subject - you're just not going to see any difference on a face or car shooting 50 feet away using 4K or 1080 @60.

Sad too say, I have the same issue. I thought I was the only one having corrupt files. The 64 gig card worked flawlessly in my phantom 3 but not in the inspire.

Exactly - just like the embarrassing DJI camera mount allowing the camera to flop around like its falling off - the 4K in the Inspire is broken as well. This is what happens when you let In-house designers manufacture something they have no clue what it does in real-world use.

Perhaps the same genius at DJI who designed the mount dreamed up the goofy useless "Brake System" Hello!

Its my guess the DJI processor just can't handle all the data in the 4K mode - when it chokes, it reaches a time-out and re-boots. I had the same problem - every time I tried to record 4K it would re-boot. Bought the fastest chip they make and now I can record - but every 2-5 times it sticks and or re-boots.

Unless your doing "Feature" work just record in 1080@60 it has more than enough quality for everything - there just isn't enough difference to worry about. Besides drone work is generally 25-100 feet from the subject - you're just not going to see any difference on a face or car shooting 50 feet away using 4K or 1080 @60.

If it is so, how can it then be there is no problem with the 32 GB card, that is the same processor that handle those data - so that statement simply just do not hold water??!!

The real problem is not the card it has to do with the Inspire processor not being able to keep up - if it can't process and write the data it chokes and resets the app.

I have one Inspire that regardless of which card you use will not record in 4K.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla