Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video wave or wobble

Reaction score
Website
www.photoimagerie.com
I see similar posts but nothing quite like this. I have been flying the Inspire 1 Pro X5 for a year now and clocked up close to 40 hrs flt time. But never seen this problem before. The Inspire is being controlled by Autoflight Logic Autopilot. It was a gusty day, forecast between 15 & 25 kts (this is outside DJI's recommended limits) but the Inspire's flight was otherwise perfectly normal. The video became wobbly in mid flt. I had already completed 2 large circuits immediately before and those videos are fine. Midway through the 3rd circuit the video became wobbly and continued this way for another minute (to the end of the flt). I didn't notice this until I downloaded the video and so didn't take anymore video that day. Here's a small extract just before and just as the wave starts.
I have reviewed the log, there is nothing I can see thats unusual. No dropped data and the RC is good throughout. I've graphed the gimbal and drone pitch and roll angles and I dont see any wobble. I have checked the Inspire frame and everything is solid, no loose rods and brackets. The motors seem to be perfect (no wobble). It does seem to me to be in the video itself, ie in the camera and not caused by the drone.
Any thoughts.

I see similar posts but nothing quite like this. I have been flying the Inspire 1 Pro X5 for a year now and clocked up close to 40 hrs flt time. But never seen this problem before. The Inspire is being controlled by Autoflight Logic Autopilot. It was a gusty day, forecast between 15 & 25 kts (this is outside DJI's recommended limits) but the Inspire's flight was otherwise perfectly normal. The video became wobbly in mid flt. I had already completed 2 large circuits immediately before and those videos are fine. Midway through the 3rd circuit the video became wobbly and continued this way for another minute (to the end of the flt). I didn't notice this until I downloaded the video and so didn't take anymore video that day. Here's a small extract just before and just as the wave starts.
I have reviewed the log, there is nothing I can see thats unusual. No dropped data and the RC is good throughout. I've graphed the gimbal and drone pitch and roll angles and I dont see any wobble. I have checked the Inspire frame and everything is solid, no loose rods and brackets. The motors seem to be perfect (no wobble). It does seem to me to be in the video itself, ie in the camera and not caused by the drone.
Any thoughts.
Jello caused by the wind velocity.

I have reviewed the log carefully and plotted the gimbal and drone roll, pitch and yaw but I cannot see any similar wave or wobble in the graphs. Also it looks more electronic than mechanical, just the eye of an engineer who has reviewed many telemetry graphs in aviation. But I admit, I could be wrong.

I have reviewed the log carefully and plotted the gimbal and drone roll, pitch and yaw but I cannot see any similar wave or wobble in the graphs. Also it looks more electronic than mechanical, just the eye of an engineer who has reviewed many telemetry graphs in aviation. But I admit, I could be wrong.
Trust me.....it's Jello caused by the frequency and strength of wind buffeting the gimbal/mount. :)

Unhealthy/healthy Drones can actually be a bad thing sometimes as it can either give too much information which makes people worry or it doesn't show up anything which gives false sense of security.
I'm old school and go very much from experience of screwing the things together......:p

Ok Mate, it was windy for sure although it's hard to say exactly what the gusts were above the trees. But the forecast for the whole area of southern Quebec on that day was 15 gusting 25 kts which concerned me a bit at the time. Ok thanks, lesson learnt.
BTW it is interesting to note that the wobble did occur on another video ( an aborted mission at the same site) that day when the drone was traveling in exactly the same direction and same location. Supports yr argument I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207