Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vision Positioning Replacement _DIY

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I crashed my inspire into a tree a week ago and luckily it just got caught up in the branches and wasn't destroyed. I immediately cut the motors off once the inspire hit and the branches actually held it so it never hit the ground.

It did get some damage though. The gimbal mount cables were damaged and one of the sonar sensors on the vision positioning system was punctured.

I was able to find a video on this forum that shows how to replace the gimbal mount but I haven't seen anything about replacing the vision positioning system. When I did a search for replacement cables on the gimbal I saw that you could also buy a spare Vision Positioning module. Both from Adorama Camera.

Has anyone had any experience/success replacing the module themselves? In pictures the module looks to have a single ribbon cable similar the the cables in the gimbal mount. So that means it should be a simple switch out like the gimbal mount right?

Everything else on my Inspire seems to be working just fine. If I could get away without having to send my rig away for 6 -8 weeks and avoid dealing with some of the DJI support headaches then that would be great.

Any ideas or comments from someone with experience would be great. I'm probably going to try it out either way so I'll let the forum know how it goes.

Reactions: CopterBob
Hello Everyone,
I crashed my inspire into a tree a week ago and luckily it just got caught up in the branches and wasn't destroyed. I immediately cut the motors off once the inspire hit and the branches actually held it so it never hit the ground.

It did get some damage though. The gimbal mount cables were damaged and one of the sonar sensors on the vision positioning system was punctured.

I was able to find a video on this forum that shows how to replace the gimbal mount but I haven't seen anything about replacing the vision positioning system. When I did a search for replacement cables on the gimbal I saw that you could also buy a spare Vision Positioning module. Both from Adorama Camera.

Has anyone had any experience/success replacing the module themselves? In pictures the module looks to have a single ribbon cable similar the the cables in the gimbal mount. So that means it should be a simple switch out like the gimbal mount right?

Everything else on my Inspire seems to be working just fine. If I could get away without having to send my rig away for 6 -8 weeks and avoid dealing with some of the DJI support headaches then that would be great.

Any ideas or comments from someone with experience would be great. I'm probably going to try it out either way so I'll let the forum know how it goes.
I was able to replace the vision positioning module without any problems. Its attached with three T6 torx screws and a single ribbon cable. The vision module is pretty easy to purchase online now... just double check to make sure the dealer actually has them in stock. I got mine from dronefly.com

Reactions: CopterBob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips