Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

VuFine New FPV Camera attachment for glasses

Hi Got my VUFINE this week just acceptable in doors (just) useless out side, too small image to see properly, to much light round the glasses to see at all
waist of money

I basically agree; see accompanying photo where even my dog was squinting. I must add though the cap brim helps a lot. The problem for me is I can't focus at that focal length. I have both farsightedness and astigmatism. I emailed info and they replied this was a surprise and they wanted to know more. I've set up an appointment with my eye doctor next week to see how much custom lenses will cost. I will even see if they can replace the stock lens that come with the frames they sent. I have to add that on 3 of my glass frames, two hard plastic and 1 wire frame with included mounting plate. The balance of the frames they ship with is 'just right'.

Attachments

• I1P Upload 01.jpg
    I1P Upload 01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: Asomaro
I have actually removed the clear plastic and just use the frames to mount the Vufine and bring it closer to my eye, works much better for me this way reducing any glare massively. I am not sure how much better it would be compared to the supplied set using prescription glasses or even polarsised sunglasses, but it depends on your expectations. If you are expecting a screen that looks as good as the EM1 or A7R2 then you will be disappointed as it is much smaller, but saying that, it is still very detailed and clear. For me its something to assist in bright sunlight as I have not found a hood that actually works well with the ipad. I think a head set type mount would be better than glasses (for anyone that doesn't wear glasses obviously)

It would be nice if it had an EVF as good as the A7R2, but I had expected a small screen before purchasing and thought I would give it a punt. I am sure they could produce an adaptor to improve the field of view size yet still resolving plenty of detail. First tests for me I am not having an issue with framing a scene and i can read the telemetry clear enough. I will be doing more field testing this week with it so can give a bit more feedback then.

Reactions: Leszek Kedziora
IMG_0589.JPG
I have actually removed the clear plastic and just use the frames to mount the Vufine and bring it closer to my eye, works much better for me this way reducing any glare massively. I am not sure how much better it would be compared to the supplied set using prescription glasses or even polarsised sunglasses, but it depends on your expectations. If you are expecting a screen that looks as good as the EM1 or A7R2 then you will be disappointed as it is much smaller, but saying that, it is still very detailed and clear. For me its something to assist in bright sunlight as I have not found a hood that actually works well with the ipad. I think a head set type mount would be better than glasses (for anyone that doesn't wear glasses obviously)

It would be nice if it had an EVF as good as the A7R2, but I had expected a small screen before purchasing and thought I would give it a punt. I am sure they could produce an adaptor to improve the field of view size yet still resolving plenty of detail. First tests for me I am not having an issue with framing a scene and i can read the telemetry clear enough. I will be doing more field testing this week with it so can give a bit more feedback then.
Done like you - I have had them for about tree weeks now - and I am satisfied with them. As they come they where no help - with the modification shown in picture - nice. I have swaped the left glass with prescription glass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77