Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Walkie Talkie Interference

Reaction score
Having issues with my Motorola CP Radius walkie talkies while flying the Inspire1.
I gave my spotters a radio to use but they seem to stop the video recording on the Inspire when activated.
Anyone with this issue? Any interference you've experience with the signal to the Inspire1?

Are they VHF or UHF version? (I think there are two flavours). Although neither really fall into 2nd , 3rd or 4th harmonic of 2.4ghz so it will probably be the front end of your receiver being swamped with rf.
Odd that it 'only' terminates recording though....... Still better that than gives the Inspire a CSC command at 200 foot up!!!!!!!!

UHF in the 460 mz region. Shouldn't have an issue but it does.
This is really serious as one MUST have spotters while filming and we need to be in communication with each other.
The other solution is a cell phone with a headset and constant communication. I know that worked for me last week but airtime and 3G connection could be an issue if filming in the middle of nowhere.

It maybe poor filtering on the Motorola's and they are bleeding out spurious harmonics......or, poor shielding on the Inspire of course.
Have you used these PMR radios previously with other platforms or are they a new addition to your kit?

They are new to my kit. I've used them before lots of times without drones.
Jut got a chat back from DJI and they suggest to change channels on the app for video.
i'll give that a try.
However, they should know what channels are safe to use with walkie talkies.
They should know this for obvious reasons.

Jut got a chat back from DJI and they suggest to change channels on the app for video.
i'll give that a try.

They know there can be problems. Thats the reason why they suggest to not use radio equipment.

i'll give that a try.

Hi White Airwolf, can you tell us what ch you were using and what ch you switched too, did it resolve the problem? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin