Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Want to Test firmware? Maybe make some $$ doing it?

Reaction score
194919cfoac2wk2m32fezm.jpg

DJI Inspire1 Beta Testing Program is launched now.
We'd like to invite 200 beta testers all around the world. If you are interested in this program, please read the attachment for the instruction of particiating Inspire1 Beta Testing Program.
Rewards

1. If a user reports a firmware bug that has not been found or announced to the public prior to the beta test, they will receive a reward that is commensurate with the significance of the bug discovered.
a) The first three users to report and provide complete documentation on a bug that DJI determines may cause fatal flight issues, will each be awarded $300 (USD). Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
b) The first three users to report and provide complete documentation on a bug that DJI determines may cause non-fatal flight issues, will each be awarded $200 (USD). Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
c) The first users to report and provide complete documentation on a bug that DJI determines is unlikely to affect flight, will each be awarded $100 (USD).
2. At the end of test period, users will be awarded $10 (USD) for each report they send with at least ten (10) minutes of flight logged and for which sufficient flight data has been submitted. The cap on this offer is set at $500 (USD) per person.
Remarks: DJI will transfer awards to the user’s bank account within two weeks after the Beta Test period ends. Users should provide accurate bank account information in order to avoid delays.
Beta Test Requirements
1. Only DJI Inspire 1 users can take part in the Inspire 1 Firmware Beta Test. Each applicant is required to own at least one stock, unmodified Inspire 1. When applying, each applicant should also submit the serial number and most recent flight data (acquired in the last 7 days) from the Inspire 1 that will be used for the Beta Test.
2. All applicants are required to register on the designated DJI website with information that is complete and accurate.
3. DJI will review qualified users and select a small number to join the test community.
4. Users who are invited to join the beta test will be able to download the latest firmware and DJI Pilot app from the designated DJI website.
5. Following the test period, users are required to upload complete flight data and other related materials to a storage service, like Dropbox or Google drive, then send the corresponding links and passwords to [email protected].
Notes:
1. After installing the latest firmware, users should perform at least three test flights in open area before flying in other, more complex environments.
2. Users are encouraged to read the Inspire 1 User Manual and release notes before taking off.
3. Users are required to record the flight video from the onboard camera and a third-person perspective video that shows how the Inspire 1 performs during each test flight. These videos is recommended to be recorded in 720p and posted privately on a video sharing platform, such as YouTube or Vimeo. Access information for the videos should then be submitted to the forum administrator.
4. Users should be fully aware of all safe flight procedures and be familiar with the environment in which they are flying. Please do not fly close to people, tall buildings, or other large metal structures. It is also recommended that beginners avoid flying near trees and wooded areas.

Responsibilities

1. If a firmware bug or other product failure causes the Inspire 1 to be damaged during the Beta Test, DJI may, at its discretion, cover the full cost of maintenance and repairs. Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
2. If incorrect operation on the part of the user leads the Inspire 1 to be damaged during the Beta Test, DJI may, at its discretion, cover 50% of the resulting maintenance and repair costs. Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
3. Users shall be responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. In the event that any personal injury and/or property damage/loss occurs during flight, the user shall bear full responsibility and make relevant compensation.
Under the aforementioned circumstances, DJI may assist with the costs of maintenance and repairs for a damaged Inspire 1, but shall not bear any further liability. Users who register for the Beta Test agree to this term by doing so.
4. Users who join the beta test are not allowed to reveal the firmware or the methods by which it is acquired to the public. Users who do so shall be responsible for all resulting losses on the part of the company and may be subject to additional punitive action.
5. Users who participate in the beta test are not allow to use the beta firmware for commercial purposes. Users who do so shall be responsible for all resulting losses on the part of the company and may be subject to additional punitive action.
6. DJI reserves the right to exclude any user from the beta test for any reason. DJI also reserves the right of final interpretation for all test rules, policies, etc.

Reactions: Crashnot
blade, when I click on your link it takes me to the DJI Forum, but there is an incomplete page load. I s that just my computer, or is there an issue with the DJI server?

blade strike, will users be allowed to switch back to production firmwares as needed? Will the firmware always be downgradable?

Just tested on two computers and link seems to be valid for me.
Hi Blade..... Not wishing to be a damp squib here but why in order to be a DJI beta tester for a Chinese company do they require a copy of your passport and bank account details?

Haven't we been all Beta Testers to date? I find it really unfair and unprofessional for a company to ask their clientèle to be their BETA testers. Cannot understand why Inspire 1 owners would want to engage in such a scheme, DJI are using you people to save money in proper beta testing. Why don't they test 200 drones from their own factory? Worst customer service to date, I am not ready to bet a 4000 euro drone in some test software so am out.

I already was a DJI guinea pig with firmware .17 and to date I am still with NO camea / Gimbal!! 1.5 months have passed!

Does this mean there will be substantial delay in release of next firmware, until Beta testing is over?

Enjoy life and be nice

Can I upload a screen shot of my flight records out of the pilot app to show my flight data?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters