Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wanted, Inspire 2 electronics only.

Reaction score
Wanted, an Inspire 2 body with working electronics to run a FLIR sensor and Z30 in a full size helicopter and fixed wing platforms.

Just need to power and control the cameras, don’t need any of the flying bits. Urgent wildfire mapping project.

what kind of electronics are you after ? like the flight camera control unit ?

I have a parts inspire i took apart so I have a lot of the body etc

Cheers

I’m looking for everything I need to control the camera via the DJI GO app plus GPS and IMU. Don’t need any mouldings as everything will be contained from wishing the aircraft.

If your parts can operate a Z30 via an app and slew the camera via a controller that would be perfect.

I’m looking for everything I need to control the camera via the DJI GO app plus GPS and IMU. Don’t need any mouldings as everything will be contained from wishing the aircraft.

If your parts can operate a Z30 via an app and slew the camera via a controller that would be perfect.

Having rebuilt an inspire 2 I can tell you the parts you are after aren’t cheap.

You basically need the complete drone minus the motors and escs.

I’ll have to check the flight controller since I haven’t had it hooked up with any cameras, just had it powered for the diagnostics and testing escs etc.

I’m also not sure how you aim to power this up, if you want to use the batteries, you will also need the battery cradle, center core board and associated wires that run from the center board to flight controller.

Pm me and we can run over the various parts, can post them publicly as well, up to you.

Happy to pay, just not completely comfortable buying a brand new Inspire 2 just to cut it all down.

Power will be via aircraft 24v stepped to what ever is required for the board but I’m guessing conversion to battery voltage would be easier as other voltages would be handeled on the main board.

Is this a realistic idea?

Happy to pay, just not completely comfortable buying a brand new Inspire 2 just to cut it all down.

Power will be via aircraft 24v stepped to what ever is required for the board but I’m guessing conversion to battery voltage would be easier as other voltages would be handeled on the main board.

Is this a realistic idea?

I mean it’s probably safer to run it on battery voltage so the control board can regulate voltage for any spikes at the battery level.

Given you need full functions, you will get a lot of warnings for vision sensors the drone is missing but since you are not flying it should still record properly and control the camera.

Sounds like you are mounting it to a full size airplane ? So might as well get the body of the inspire for a nice mounting frame.

List of parts you will need
- battery cradle with wiring
- center core board (mounts to battery)
- flight controller (has imu, camera control, fpv port)
- bottom fans to cool flight controller
- ok shape bottom cover (no sensors)
- ok shape top cover
- ok shape nose
- ok shape Gps cover
- Gps sensor
- mmcx connectors + leg antennas to transmit signal. Wiring usually attached to legs and landing gear. Will neee to rig that up along body.
- camera carriage holder

Honestly this is what you’re missing from a full drone
- landing gear mechanism center
- 4x esc
- 4x motors
- Cf arms and wiring inside it
- balance arms
- Lansing legs

I’ll check my parts but I should have most of the parts you need and I’ll see if it’s cheaper than a a refurb i2 lol

You can sell a lot of the extra parts you wouldn’t need for a lot FYI.

What’s your location? Have a fully operational electronically I2.
All functions work, motors, gos etc etc.
Getting out of the I2 and stepping up. Only damage to I2 is cracked carbon parts.

Wanted, an Inspire 2 body with working electronics to run a FLIR sensor and Z30 in a full size helicopter and fixed wing platforms.

Just need to power and control the cameras, don’t need any of the flying bits. Urgent wildfire mapping project.
Luuk: Are you certain you can do this with an Inspire 2 set of electronics? If they have the Inspire 2 firmware on them, I am not sure you will get the camera control or the functionality of the Z30 or a FLIR. As we understand it, the electronics in an M200 series appear to be the same as an Inspire 2 - but DJI allows both of those cameras to work on that platform.

One thing to consider is using an A3 and LB2 to get the control you are looking for. They were made for "build your own" platforms and have a PMU for power management and cabling to connect to a gimbal connector that will mount the cameras you are interested in.

We have built many custom drones over the years and the A3 was the last electronic system we were using...its the same on that is in the M600 Pro (which also allows the Z30 and FLIR cameras to work properly).

This set up will also get your video downlink sent to you at your remote controller.

Luuk: Are you certain you can do this with an Inspire 2 set of electronics? If they have the Inspire 2 firmware on them, I am not sure you will get the camera control or the functionality of the Z30 or a FLIR. As we understand it, the electronics in an M200 series appear to be the same as an Inspire 2 - but DJI allows both of those cameras to work on that platform.

One thing to consider is using an A3 and LB2 to get the control you are looking for. They were made for "build your own" platforms and have a PMU for power management and cabling to connect to a gimbal connector that will mount the cameras you are interested in.

We have built many custom drones over the years and the A3 was the last electronic system we were using...its the same on that is in the M600 Pro (which also allows the Z30 and FLIR cameras to work properly).

This set up will also get your video downlink sent to you at your remote controller.

Thanks, doing some research it looks like the M200 series is the only option.

Is this something you could build and offer for a fixed wing system? I understand this is experimental but I’m keen to make the investment!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mayapatil281995