Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wanting to get a used inspire 1 what to look for??

Reaction score
Hello everyone new to the inspire platform I’m located in the US CA Los Angeles to be exact . I started with a P3 pro some years ago for fun fast forward to today I currently own a P4 the 17 on this month I’m scheduled for my part 107 test . I had played around with someone else inspire one for short fly’s in the past but now I’m interested on getting one and wanted to know know what should I look for when trying to get a used one?? Unfortunately I can’t go all out and get a I2 now .

Reactions: Rattydude77
Hello everyone new to the inspire platform I’m located in the US CA Los Angeles to be exact . I started with a P3 pro some years ago for fun fast forward to today I currently own a P4 the 17 on this month I’m scheduled for my part 107 test . I had played around with someone else inspire one for short fly’s in the past but now I’m interested on getting one and wanted to know know what should I look for when trying to get a used one?? Unfortunately I can’t go all out and get a I2 now .

I would say avoid Inspires with the latest firmware installed if you can. FW v1.08.xx is the sweet spot. It's been covered a gazillion times in this forum. Just do a search for "firmware."

D

Last edited:
Reactions: Rattydude77
If you haven't checked and really want an Inspire, DJI.com has refurbished Inspire 1 V2 with a ZenMuse X3 and Pro with X5 for $1399 and $2399. They'll qualify for CareRefresh.

I agree with others about battery life, and for what I mostly do, a Mavic 2 has longer battery life and gets good results.

There's no drone more badass looking or sounding than an Inspire, so that's a plus, and an X5 a real aperture, big optics, and a big sensor can get spectacular video.

Most of the jobs you get it first won’t warrant an inspire one.
the m2p Is more than adequate for anything less than a high end video shoot for a production company.
You’ll spend two or three times more money and you should wait and see what kind of jobs you can get first.
It also seems it’s getting harder to get batteries

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Welcome aboard. I agree with everyone that has replied. I own a Mavic 2 Pro and had to find out what all the fuss was about with Inspire drones so I purchased a refurbished Inspire 1 v2.0 from Drone Nerds. Maybe the Inspire 1 isn't a fair comparison to the Inspire 2 but I really dig the M2P.

As huppe mentioned the Inspire drones are badass looking from an aesthetics stand point. They remind me of the creature on the Alien flicks. I finally got around to changing the color of my Inspire 1 from white to black and added a some led's to the front... : )

After flying both it's not even a close race with the Pro 2 being the superior craft. The Pro 2 is such a smooth flying UAV compared to the Inspire 1 not the mention the M2P has some serious video recording power with the Hasselblad camera. Depending on when the Pro 3 is to be released it may be wise to wait for it's release and pick up a discounted M2P but totally up to you.

Attachments

• Inspire 1.jpg
    Inspire 1.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 21
  • inspire 1 with led's turned on.jpg
    inspire 1 with led's turned on.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: InspireEagle
Welcome aboard. I agree with everyone that has replied. I own a Mavic 2 Pro and had to find out what all the fuss was about with Inspire drones so I purchased a refurbished Inspire 1 v2.0 from Drone Nerds. Maybe the Inspire 1 isn't a fair comparison to the Inspire 2 but I really dig the M2P.

As huppe mentioned the Inspire drones are badass looking from an aesthetics stand point. They remind me of the creature on the Alien flicks. I finally got around to changing the color of my Inspire 1 from white to black and added a some led's to the front... : )

After flying both it's not even a close race with the Pro 2 being the superior craft. The Pro 2 is such a smooth flying UAV compared to the Inspire 1 not the mention the M2P has some serious video recording power with the Hasselblad camera. Depending on when the Pro 3 is to be released it may be wise to wait for it's release and pick up a discounted M2P but totally up to you.
Nice looking bird

You should finish the review by comparing footage. You should objectively site the spec's of each camera and then subjectively compare footage aesthetics.

D

You should finish the review by comparing footage. You should objectively site the spec's of each camera and then subjectively compare footage aesthetics.

D
Do you mean the 12mp camera that comes on the DJI referb I1 V2, or a zenmuse X3 that costs as much the MP2?

Do you mean the 12mp camera that comes on the DJI referb I1 V2, or a zenmuse X3 that costs as much the MP2?

All of them. I guess my point is that the Inspire 1 has the "quick and dirty" X3 option. Or the "low light, large sensor" X5 option. Or the "high bitrate, Professional quality" X5R option. So, to be fair, all of these options need to be compared to the MP2 before one makes an intelligent, informed decision.

D

Thanks alot for all the replys guys really appreciated . The mavic lineup has alot to offer for the money the one other thing i do and didn’t mention is youtube mostly car related videos. at this point in do time i wont mind owning bith a mavic for a compact more travel friendly setup and a inspire. Not many drone shots on my videos but at some point i can benefit from being able to swap cameras and also after having a quick word with some local pilots im leaning towards the I2 ..... thanks alot for the replys.

Edited by moderator - YT links in the dedicated thread only please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it was just me, but I was not happy with the fly time on the I1.
The I2 may be something to consider.
I have an I1 V1 and it has served me well over the years. At the time worth the investment nothing in the way of other drones fly quite like it except maybe the I2 which I do not own. I do not recall ever having any issues with firmware as many had. Right now I'm not flying it much at all but I believe the biggest issue then and now is flight time as mentioned. My batteries are very used and the last time I took it out I was lucky if I got 6 minutes on some of the batteries. Also getting batteries is very difficult. They are way overpriced and hard to get. This is also true for the new props that I purchased a few years back. Not sure what I will do with her but it's very hard to part with my I1.

Reactions: CoreySnipes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry