Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Water damaged inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi,

I crashed my drone into water about 8 months ago, apparently it is to expensive to fix it, and no RC mechanic can fix it. Is it actually that hard to change/repair PCB (or what it might be that is damaged) when the whole body is intact?

So now for my question, is my only alternative to sell it as spare parts or is it still possible to fix it?

Best Regards
Karl

Hi,

I crashed my drone into water about 8 months ago, apparently it is to expensive to fix it, and no RC mechanic can fix it. Is it actually that hard to change/repair PCB (or what it might be that is damaged) when the whole body is intact?

So now for my question, is my only alternative to sell it as spare parts or is it still possible to fix it?

Best Regards
Karl
Hard to answer, but if this happened 8 months ago and nothing has been done to help the drone dry out right after it happened, it might not be much to sell, sorry. Sure you can salvage something.

Was it Salt water?

Hard to answer, but if this happened 8 months ago and nothing has been done to help the drone dry out right after it happened, it might not be much to sell, sorry. Sure you can salvage something.

Was it Salt water?

Oh I might have been unclear in my description. Directly after crashing it (into fresh water, it was in a bay so not very salty) I took most of the drone apart and dryed it with a hair dryer and finally put it into a big container of rice.

If it was fresh water then you might be in with a chance if you removed the battery as quickly as possible , have you reasembled and tested since you dried it out , usually after a week in rice it should be bone dry.

If it was salt water then you may be out of luck.

I would put it back together and test it !

Good luck

If it was fresh water then you might be in with a chance if you removed the battery as quickly as possible , have you reasembled and tested since you dried it out , usually after a week in rice it should be bone dry.

If it was salt water then you may be out of luck.

I would put it back together and test it !

Good luck

Yes I have tried it, it does not work, and that is why I want to repair it! Is there someone else out there who repairs inspires or is it only DJI?

Where are you located??????

Is it powering up but not connecting to Controller/APP ?

The 2 main modules are the power distribution board at the front of the battery bay and the Lightbridge/Flight Controller in the front of the airframe.

If you can identify if any of them are faulty it would be a good place to start

If your not brave enough then tell us your location and we may be able to point you in the right direction

PwackInspire

Where are you located??????

Is it powering up but not connecting to Controller/APP ?

The 2 main modules are the power distribution board at the front of the battery bay and the Lightbridge/Flight Controller in the front of the airframe.

If you can identify if any of them are faulty it would be a good place to start

If your not brave enough then tell us your location and we may be able to point you in the right direction

PwackInspire

Thank you for your answer,

When i put the battery in the drone and press the button, it will only blink a few times and then turn off. No power seems to reach the drone and I will not get any contact with the camera. I Live in Stockholm, Sweden!

Im sorry , i dont know of anyone that repairs Inspires in sweden , some one else may chip in with a suggestion.

In the mean time i would look out for a Power distribution module on ebay as they are relatively inexpensive and it would remove one item form the possible faulty list.

The light bridge/flight controller is the more expensive of the 2 items(about $150 used) but compared to the cost of a new inspire its cheap.

Im not saying that replacing the 2 modules will defo get you back in the air but if you are able to get connected to the inspire with the app it will tell you if you have any other faults on the motors/esc's etc and give you a good idea if you any other issues.

Hope you get it sorted.

I built the Inspire from the ground up by buying parts new I dismantle brand new drones and sell the parts I have the necessary parts to make your fly again what you need is the light Bridge the main controller the arm actuator only works with a server you can try those out hopefully the connections is clean on the battery bus and that arm actuator servo. Other than that it doesn't take much to get them in the air the motors in the ESC same thing if they don't work then you have to replace it is cheaper to replace for mothers and Ally Trish and the arm actuator then it is to buy the entire drone you're not linking because the lightbridge something is bad inside it

Hi,

Best Regards
Karl

Normally anywhere you can find a few drone repairmen. In Belgium we have a good one, Rotor Expert. Probably you can find closer a well.
Home
Best, Jo

I crashed my drone in salt water more than a year ago... obviously warranty repair was out, as it was pilot error.
On to e-bay... I basically purchased anything with a PCB which included a new IMU and 6 new speed controllers with their motors (3 of each type, CW & CCW),
even though technically, the pro RC guys around me assured me the motors are fine and will survive a water drop (wash thoroughly though with fresh water).

Buying the speed controllers with motors already attached meant I wouldn’t have to do any de soldering / soldering...

I purchased a new GPS board.
Of course, I purchased a new X3.

I did not purchase a new VPS, the original one worked fine - all other non electronic components were simply washed and left to dry (including the cables and the gimbal connectors etc...)

The whole disassembling and reassembling took around 15 hours or so spread over 4-5 days - with the correct tools, it was quite straightforward.

Took it out for a thorough test, using all my 6 batteries, one after the other - it was like new, no signal drops, no strange behaviour, and now I have it as my backup I1...

The parts cost around half as much as buying a new I1 (note this was about Nov. 2015) - so now, you will probably find more parts and cheaper on ebay.

I opted for new parts where possible, one of the 6 motors was a dud, I used DJI chat service and sending logs back and forth to figure out which one was the dud as I had installed them all at the same time - I guess it was one of the risks of buying off ebay... but still better than trashing it or selling for parts as I have reclaimed back it's cost from jobs already...

Good luck with it.

I had one drop into fresh water, dried it thoroughly, but it wouldn't work. Sent it back to DJI and it was repaired and returned within a month. Cost around $2000 which is about half cost of new one. Performs perfectly.

mine one drop in to a river ... and i recover it after 15 min... remove the battery ... and disassemble all wash with fresh water... and let it dry in air condition room... for 5 days... and till now almost a year work flawlessly ... only the camera and battery don't survival . have to get new

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds