Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

We may be small in numbers but we're here!

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Drone repairs, sales, and pilot.

I fly around the Toronto area keeping out of the NFZ.
See you all around.

Hello all,

Pembroke, Ontario

U.S. 107 Cert.

I will be here for the next 6 months. Considering your airspace restrictions/areas are a bit stricter than the U.S., can someone suggest areas that I can operate recreationally? Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

Pembroke, Ontario

U.S. 107 Cert.

I will be here for the next 6 months. Considering your airspace restrictions/areas are a bit stricter than the U.S., can someone suggest areas that I can operate recreationally? Thanks in advance.

You can only fly on crownland, your own property or property you were given permission to fly.

Rules for recreational drones
To fly a recreational drone (or model aircraft), you must follow the safety rules in the Interim Order Respecting the Use of Model Aircraft.

Review these rules before flying a drone for fun, if the drone weighs over 250 g and under 35 kg. If your drone is 250 g or less, read our tips for flying safe.

Following the safety rules helps keep people, aircraft and property safe. If you fly where you are not allowed or you break the rules below, you could be fined up to $3,000.
Fly your drone:
  • below 90 m above the ground
  • at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels and the public (if your drone weighs over 250 g and up to 1 kg)
  • at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels and the public (if your drone weighs over 1 kg and up to 35 kg)
  • at least 5.5 km away from aerodromes (any airport, seaplane base or area where aircraft take off and land)
  • at least 1.8 km away from heliports or aerodromes used by helicopters only
  • outside of controlled or restricted airspace
  • at least 9 km away from a natural hazard or disaster area
  • away from areas where its use could interfere with police or first responders
  • during the day and not in clouds
  • within your sight at all times
  • within 500 m of yourself
  • only if clearly marked with your name, address and telephone number

Thanks for the speedy reply. I've been doing some research, but it seems there are 2-3 different sets of ruling I'm finding. I guess because the policy has been revised a few times.

Pardon my ignorance of the term, but by crown land, do you mean "public" properties or land?

Thanks for the speedy reply. I've been doing some research, but it seems there are 2-3 different sets of ruling I'm finding. I guess because the policy has been revised a few times.

Pardon my ignorance of the term, but by crown land, do you mean "public" properties or land?

This is the definition:
Crown land is the term used to describe land owned by the federal or provincial governments. Authority for control of these public lands rests with the Crown, hence their name. Less than 11% of Canada's land is in private hands; 41% is federal crown land and 48% is provincial crown land.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo