Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weather conditions and M200

AlR

Reaction score
Has anyone used their M200 in poor weather conditions/rain/snow etc?

How did it perform? (Did the sensors get confused?)

It's 32oC with no rain for days where I live; so I'm just curious!!

Best,

Alan

Alan, while I've not flown the M200 in rain I can tell you that from what I've learned about it, the airframe and batteries are weather resistant. However, I don't know of a camera that's specifically designed for the craft that matches that.

Many thanks

I have a z30 and an X4S and I did wonder about the cameras.

I normally get a typhoon or two this time of year so will see how things go :)

I seriously considered the M210 before buying the Inspire 2. The M200 series is essentially an Inspire 2 without retracting landing gear and onboard CineDNG/ProRes capabilities that has been more ruggedly built and, with the airframe at least, more or less rain proof. For general purpose work with a risk of sudden rain, the M210 would be the rig to have.

We flew the M200 w/ Z30 in some light rain last week and it handled it perfectly. We did start to get some water droplets on the lens after a while. I think applying some RainX for future use in wet weather will work well.

We flew the M200 w/ Z30 in some light rain last week and it handled it perfectly. We did start to get some water droplets on the lens after a while. I think applying some RainX for future use in wet weather will work well.

Thanks for that :)

I would be careful with the RainX though - not sure how that would affect the lens coating..

I seriously considered the M210 before buying the Inspire 2. The M200 series is essentially an Inspire 2 without retracting landing gear and onboard CineDNG/ProRes capabilities that has been more ruggedly built and, with the airframe at least, more or less rain proof. For general purpose work with a risk of sudden rain, the M210 would be the rig to have.
Although the X5S, with lens would not be !

Reactions: Kevin C

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg