Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weird Z3 lag fix!

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Z3 for my Inspire 1 v1 and i also have the original X3.
I swapped cameras over and did a little testing indoors and all seemed well.
Next day I ran through 4 batteries at a local beauty spot and was very happy with the performance of the Z3.

Without touching anything other than charging my batteries I went out again today and had nothing but trouble!

Powered everything up as usual and everything seemed ok took off but within seconds I noticed I was getting considerable video transmission lag to my Ipad screen.
Brought the bird down checked everything, re attached the Z3. Checked all my settings but nothing had changed.

Tried again and initially it looked better but the longer it was turned on the lag fairly rapidly increased again. I am talking serious lag 10 seconds or more.

I came home and have spent most of the afternoon reading about Z3 horror stories regarding lag.
I tried everything I could find on the net to fix z3 lag and nothing seemed to work. I removed the z3 cleaned connectors etc.

I did notice that when first powered up the lag was low but over a period of about a minute the lag would increase slowly then after a few minutes the lag would be abouit 10 secs or more
I did notice my z3 firmware level is 1.09.01.40 which according to the DJI download page is Z3 firmware for the Matrice.
I tried installing 1.09.01.30 which is the listed firmware for the Z3 on an Inspire 1 but it wouldn't upgrade/downgrade. Log file saying firmware is the same or lower etc.

So finally I re-attached my X3 just to check that was still working and that was fine, virtually no lag and no issues.

I then swapped over to the Z3 again and suddenly no lag!!
I powered down and up again numerous times and its still working without lag. I left it switched on for 20 mins and still the same.

I'll give it a field test tomorrow and see how it goes but it almost seems to me that re-attaching the x3 reset something which cured the lag for the z3.

Reactions: InspireEagle
Good idea I will do that next time it goes into "lag mode"
It was all fine today so no camera swapping needed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters