Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What´s the native ISO of the Inspire 1 camera?

This could be difficult to find out since manufactures really do not like divulging the base iso of their sensors\cameras.
If I get a chance this weekend I will try and do some calculations based on some covered lens shots, compression, file size and a bit of maths...... I will let people know my findings but the results will be a best approximation.

Markus, did you ever find out the answer to this? I too would like to know the native ISO. Would also be interested for other DJI cameras as well. Thanks!

This could be difficult to find out since manufactures really do not like divulging the base iso of their sensors\cameras.
If I get a chance this weekend I will try and do some calculations based on some covered lens shots, compression, file size and a bit of maths...... I will let people know my findings but the results will be a best approximation.

Base ISO isn't a matter of "Calculations" its the performance of the sensor. The Native ISO is the ISO that has the most dynamic range, it's that simple.

Base ISO isn't a matter of "Calculations" its the performance of the sensor. The Native ISO is the ISO that has the most dynamic range, it's that simple.
Which can be worked out (since the manufacturer doesn't quote it)

Which can be worked out (since the manufacturer doesn't quote it)

if people really want to know it its easy to test. it doesn't require calculations and really if you are using the cameras professionally you should have tested for it anyway and if you dont know how to test for or dont care you're not a professional and shouldn't be charging for images

I don't really know any of the technicalities behind this but I read somewhere ISO 200 is the 'best' for the X3.

I don't really know any of the technicalities behind this but I read somewhere ISO 200 is the 'best' for the X3.

Your ISO is important and will be the "best" at different levels in different lighting. Your ISO could be the best at 200 during the day but need a higher ISO at night or on cloudy days.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Usually the best ISO is the lowest value. It will have the least grain and smudginess in your images. With the x5, 200 ISO is virtually no different to 100 so I suggest make 200 your starting point ISO. This will 1/2 the shutter speed or allow one stop smaller aperture. Because the gimbal keeps the camera steady the normal rules of upping the ISO in low light does not really apply until you start seeing shake in your images. The amount of this will depend on the lens you are using and also how successfully it's balanced on the gimbal at all shooting angles.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan