Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What are different versions of Inspire 1V2

Thank for that! You kinda drove home the point that I may have screwed up by purchasing my shiny new-to-me I1V2 without much research.
For some reason, I thought it was a big step up from my Mavic Pro. It wasn't until after I owned it I realized it basically has the same sensor.
One of the reasons I purchased it was as a pilot for Drone Base I was limited to certain missions since all I had was a Mavic Pro. I assumed the Inspire is what they were looking for.
Maybe it is, but not with the X3.

I need to do some research to see what is best for me.

I have done 36 Drone Base missions with my MP and after flying the Inspire I go back to the Mavic a lot. I often have to thread my way through electrical lines and swaying tree branches to be able to get a few feet over a roof to document damaged shingles and for me, the MP is easier to keep tight.

I could be wrong (I hope I am) but this is why I say the X3 has the same sensor as the Mavic Pro:

These are the specs from DJI's websites
Mavic Pro sensor: (X3) 1/2.3”
Inspire 1 V2 sensor: 1/2.3”

Maybe someone will tell me I'm wrong about all this!

There inspire is a great machine, but like i said, to get great video from it you need the X5R. If you're not prepared to buy the X5R then you have to accept its video limitations. I have seen x5r units going for good money too.

The phantom 4 advanced is an AMAZING bargain. I have seen them second hand for well under 1000.
You won't get anything that beats that in terms of quality and performance, cost.

The mavic air is also a bargain, the smaller sensor is not that bad an issue if you mostly shoot in good light.
The 12mp photos are the only thing which puts me off. This isn't 2013.

But like I said, wait until the mavic 2 is announced on the 23rd, that will probably lower the price further of existing DJI products, or you might find you want that if they do something great with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters