Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What are the real chances of equipment malfunction and loss?

Reaction score
I'm wondering how many people have lost Inspires due to equipment malfunction.... is it quite common? Do they get reimbursed by DJI?

Thanks!

Normally I search and don't find what I'm looking for.... old stuff... different situation stuff.... and spend heaps of time in the process. I'll search and see how it goes.

The problem is that everyone uses different language.... my post was the only one to come up when I searched for "equipment loss" .... when I searched for "chances of equipment loss" there were no results. I'll start searching for word variants like "odds of losing" now..

The problem is that everyone uses different language.... my post was the only one to come up when I searched for "equipment loss" .... when I searched for "chances of equipment loss" there were no results. I'll start searching for word variants like "odds of losing" now..

I know you're new to the forum, but the past few days you've been asking questions that have been answered to death on this site. At one point, the first 5 new threads in this section were made by you and all of them had been answered previously.

Searching is quite useful, but you must use keywords that are common to get more hits.

I'll give you an example:

Since you want to know about equipment loss due to malfunction lets focus on that.

"Equipment loss" = crash, fly away, swim, drowned, smashed, broken, hard landing, damaged, cracked, etc.

All of the about words have been used to describe loss of equipment in one way or another.

"Malfunction" = loss of control, not accepting input, error, compass error, IMU error, transmitter error, lost connection, no connection etc.

all of the above have been used to describe some sort of malfunction.

Now if you put the two parts of your question together in a search, you will get what you are looking for, I can guarantee it.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Tj_
Thanks; I know I've been asking lots of questions... and I appreciate the answers and will be glad to answer other newbies questions when they post to try to make it up to the forum.

"Chances of Crash" turned up stories of people crashing.

The good thing about answering the question or posting a link to where it was answered before is that now others who search using the terminology I used.

I know my question was a big vague; since only DJI probably has the best numbers on this.

I know you're new to the forum, but the past few days you've been asking questions that have been answered to death on this site. At one point, the first 5 new threads in this section were made by you and all of them had been answered previously.

Searching is quite useful, but you must use keywords that are common to get more hits.

I'll give you an example:

Since you want to know about equipment loss due to malfunction lets focus on that.

"Equipment loss" = crash, fly away, swim, drowned, smashed, broken, hard landing, damaged, cracked, etc.

All of the about words have been used to describe loss of equipment in one way or another.

"Malfunction" = loss of control, not accepting input, error, compass error, IMU error, transmitter error, lost connection, no connection etc.

all of the above have been used to describe some sort of malfunction.

Now if you put the two parts of your question together in a search, you will get what you are looking for, I can guarantee it.

Hope that helps!

This is why I try to stress the importance of how you title your thread, in any forum. I've stumbled across threads titled "This is Bulls#$%t" that have actually had some useful posts in them but who is ever going to find them? The person that searches for "Bulls#$%" I suppose......that came out weird.
I suppose using the thesaurus in WORD might be helpful although I've never used it for suggesting search terms.

This is why I try to stress the importance of how you title your thread, in any forum. I've stumbled across threads titled "This is Bulls#$%t" that have actually had some useful posts in them but who is ever going to find them? The person that searches for "Bulls#$%" I suppose......that came out weird.
I suppose using the thesaurus in WORD might be helpful although I've never used it for suggesting search terms.

You are correct, and I really think it comes down to the demographic of this forum.

I've been on forums where the members are familiar with how the search function works, and know the importance of a well titled thread. As I type this, I can see the bottom of this page and the "Similar Threads" section.....you know what...a picture is worth a thousand words:

As you can see from the above circled thread names, how is anyone supposed to find relevant information? "Bag of chips" or "Trying not to complain" aren't really the most informative thread titles.

Reactions: Wesmann and Robot1
I lost my Inspire 14 seconds into its maiden flight. 12 weeks later, I received a replacement Inspire from DJI. The only contact (other than them informing me it was received was received) was an email stating my inspire was damaged beyond repair and they are Fed-Xing me a replacement.Got it yesterday with no props and a damaged lens cover. I'm out the $100 for Fed-Xing it to them and now I have to buy new props and a lens cover. These added costs are insignificant to the big picture, but I am a one and out with DJI.

PS. Searching with amkorp's filters will allow you for an ion of reading.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool