Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What can I Do? Any suggestions anyone;

Reaction score
Champaign Illinois and Titusville Florida
I received my Cendence Controller purchased from DJI directly on November 18, 2017.

It worked about one day then would lose the settings to all the custom buttons repeatedly. Further adding to the frustration the controller would lock up so that no button would work until the battery was removed for at least an hour. Then after the hour it would work again for a few flights before starting the process of losing information to the custom buttons and the lockup.

I followed all the suggestions that different people had to solve their cendence button problems on this forum but none seem to make any difference.

I retired it to a box and returned to the original controller.

I talked to several people on the DJI telephone customer support and emailed several people on DJI online support. I have requested and been promised a call from a supervisor that can deal with this, but the supervisor never called/
Yesterday I received an email to fill out a new repair request [It is just a form letter request that I again send all the backup data] and to send the unit back in for testing.

This is the letter I sent to them. No response yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sagocsoc Cary

You are asking me to start over on a process that we have been through once. Let me remind you of the following:.
  1. 73 days ago I started this process that you are asking me to restart.
  2. I was convinced by an agent to have it repaired rather than to be replaced while I was still in the 15 day.
  3. The Cendence Controller works fine for a day at a time and then fails and failed repeatedly to make it unusable.
  4. Your testers knew that and over my objection sent it back unrepaired with a clean bill of health.
  5. Fault continue just as it did before you tested the unit.
  6. Used a different Cendence Controller and it worked fine over several days.
  7. I requested a replacement and to speak to a supervisor and got no response for weeks.
  8. I called tech support and requested to speak a supervisor and I was promised a call later in the day[6+days have gone by and I still have received a call.]
  9. I sent a number of emails to you with out response for several days.
  10. Now you ask me to start the process all over again after 73 days and after I have proven that a different Cendence Controller works and this one which has been passed by your repair lab does not.
  11. With an intermittent problem like this Cendence Controller, the chances of your service people finding the fault are very slim you will probably send it back to me and I can start the process over at 105 days.
In summary:
  1. The Cendence Controller was sent back for replacement within the 15 days.
  2. The Cendence Controller tested by your labs sent back to me failed just like before.
  3. A borrowed Cendence Controller that worked fine.
  4. A myriad of emails and phone calls have produced no solution except to start the repair request process over[after 73 days ]
    Bill Huns....... 217 766 .....

I received my Cendence Controller purchased from DJI directly on November 18, 2017.

It worked about one day then would lose the settings to all the custom buttons repeatedly. Further adding to the frustration the controller would lock up so that no button would work until the battery was removed for at least an hour. Then after the hour it would work again for a few flights before starting the process of losing information to the custom buttons and the lockup.

I followed all the suggestions that different people had to solve their cendence button problems on this forum but none seem to make any difference.

I talked to several people on the DJI telephone customer support and emailed several people on DJI online support. I have requested and been promised a call from a supervisor that can deal with this, but the supervisor never called/
Yesterday I received an email to fill out a new repair request [It is just a form letter request that I again send all the backup data] and to send the unit back in for testing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sagocsoc Cary

You are asking me to start over on a process that we have been through once. Let me remind you of the following:.
  2. I was convinced by an agent to have it repaired rather than to be replaced while I was still in the 15 day.
  3. The Cendence Controller works fine for a day at a time and then fails and failed repeatedly to make it unusable.
  4. Your testers knew that and over my objection sent it back unrepaired with a clean bill of health.
  7. I requested a replacement and to speak to a supervisor and got no response for weeks.
  8. I called tech support and requested to speak a supervisor and I was promised a call later in the day[6+days have gone by and I still have received a call.]
  10. Now you ask me to start the process all over again after 73 days and after I have proven that a different Cendence Controller works and this one which has been passed by your repair lab does not.
  11. With an intermittent problem like this Cendence Controller, the chances of your service people finding the fault are very slim you will probably send it back to me and I can start the process over at 105 days.
In summary:
  2. The Cendence Controller tested by your labs sent back to me failed just like before.
  4. A myriad of emails and phone calls have produced no solution except to start the repair request process over[after 73 days ]
FYI: Today Cary at DJI responded positively
Bill

Sagocsoc Cary

In summary:
I just received correspondence from a manager who tried to call me, but my phone security obviously rejected his calls without a record.

I love DJI products and I am now hopeful the matter will be resolved quickly.

Good luck Bill... but don't forget that DJI reps only very occasionally visit this forum! If you need/want to chivvy them along, you're better doing it on their official forums ;)
Good luck Bill... but don't forget that DJI reps only very occasionally visit this forum! If you need/want to chivvy them along, you're better doing it on their official forums ;)

Thank you. I am new. Things seem to be moving now. I will use your suggestion next time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop