What is the best way to discharge batteries for 20 cycle recharge

Reaction score
I find it odd that the only way to discharge the batteries down to low voltage cut off deals with flying the copter or leaving the copter on. I would think engineering wise you would want to find a way to do this battery maintenance by not adding running time on to the aircraft's system.

I know they say it takes the auto discharge 2 days to get down to a level below 65%, I wish somewhere in the circuit they could have a bigger discharge something that you could do by holding the batteries power button on for 30 seconds and that would trigger a complete discharge that would take a day to do.

Or if there someone out there came up with a discharge unit that you could attach to the battery and it would automatically bring down the voltage to zero or a safe storage 65%

So my question at this time what is the best way to bring your batteries down for full discharge on the 20 cycle maintenance requisition???

When you reach critical fly it about a foot off of the ground until it reaches about 2%.

just like Dena said but land it and turn the motors off. Leave the power on and when the inspire powers itself off, you are ready to give it a new full charge. This also resets everything about the battery.