Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What the heck are LUTs and how to use them with DJI RAW images

Reaction score
Website
www.portlandprodrones.com
Since we are on this subject of LUTs when capturing in DLog with LUTs in mind, how do you guys expose? since Dlog is pretty flat the histogram is not going to anticipate what LUTs do, I find that the LUTs I have tend to over do all I capture, as I capture trying to have the histogram as I use it on my terrestrial still photography, I am confused as to what the best way to capture is.

well, now I'm shooting Cinema Raw, however the question I think pertained more as to shooting in H.264 Dlog, Raw is Raw and I guess (I don't know for sure yet) might not benefit from a LUT unless first made bland and flat, I know I'm speculating as I don't know this for sure. I just recently got the X5R so mostly will be shooting raw from now on. But I still want my curiosity satisfied about Dlog and LUTs

well, now I'm shooting Cinema Raw, however the question I think pertained more as to shooting in H.264 Dlog, Raw is Raw and I guess (I don't know for sure yet) might not benefit from a LUT unless first made bland and flat, I know I'm speculating as I don't know this for sure. I just recently got the X5R so mostly will be shooting raw from now on. But I still want my curiosity satisfied about Dlog and LUTs
I don't really shoot in h.264. I shoot primarily in Prores 442HQ UHD 4k. In reading and my own research, if I was shooting in it, I would be setting everything to -3 and adjusting in post. I would also experiment with different variations to see what I liked to look of best. Sorry that I don't have more experience to share with you this. Perhaps some else will join in and give us their experience.

Chris

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxHides19