Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What to do? New purchase.

Reaction score
Hello I am over on the phantom pilots having just bought a p3 advanced last week. It's a great quad and I absolutely love it. I never thought I would care about 4k until I was at best buy yesterday and seen the picture on a 4k TV. Needless to say we walked out with a 4k TV!. I was going to buy the p3 pro until my wife came to me last night and said " I was just watching videos on the inspire 1 and the way the gimble comes off on the inspire it looks like in the future there will be allot more options for cameras." **** her I believe she's right! That being said I don't use this for business I just use it for fun. I really like the idea of the upgraded cameras in the future. Does the inspire sound like the correct choice for me?.

Sent from my iPad

Both of you are correct!! Where is the best place in the U.S to purchase?. I should have bought it already!

Sent from my iPad

Hello I am over on the phantom pilots having just bought a p3 advanced last week. It's a great quad and I absolutely love it. I never thought I would care about 4k until I was at best buy yesterday and seen the picture on a 4k TV. Needless to say we walked out with a 4k TV!. I was going to buy the p3 pro until my wife came to me last night and said " I was just watching videos on the inspire 1 and the way the gimble comes off on the inspire it looks like in the future there will be allot more options for cameras." **** her I believe she's right! That being said I don't use this for business I just use it for fun. I really like the idea of the upgraded cameras in the future. Does the inspire sound like the correct choice for me?.

Sent from my iPad

If you're planning to use your quadcopter mainly for the pleasure of flying and you would like to see your videos on 4k, you should buy Phantom 3 Professional, not Inspire 1.
Phantom 3 makes everyday flight easier, from various reasons, and it features technology that is more than sufficient for the next couple years, including the 4k camera.
Inspire 1 is a professional aerial platform, for serious aerial works, and in my opinion, as an Inspire 1 owner, it should be used mainly in dual operator mode, not for solo flights, in order to take full advantage of its 360 degrees camera view.
I am planning also to purchase a Phantom 3 Professional, for the reasons mentioned above, it is a great aircraft for outdoor & indoor use, featuring state of the art technology at a reasonable price.
And considering that it uses the same Pilot app, the new universal DJI flight OS, your experience with Phantom will help you to make the transition to Inspire very easily, in case you would like to upgrade your aerial platform in the future.
Don't forget also that Inspire 1 will require extra investments, you will need a minimum 5k to have extra batteries, second RC, travel case etc.
With Phantom, you can have a complete gear set for around 2000 dollars.
Hope all this info will help you to make a better decision.

B&H has been a supplier of all things photographic to me for more than 20yrs (yes, I'm old) Amazing, no haggle customer service and returns. Just bought a second Inspire from them. Shipped overnight.

Even though the aircraft came with 2 sets of Quick Release Props, I just got notification that a second delivery is in route with 3 more pairs. Nice perk

That said, I have bought a bunch of self tightening props and locks. Fell they are a better, more redundant approach. There is a thread going about this which you should read

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84