Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What Video Editing Software

Reaction score
My main hobby is photography and I have had limited experience in video mostly with my GoPro's or the Dash Cam in my car.

What are people using to edit the video from their Inspire 1?

Final cut pro seems to be a very good choice, can I work it well enough on an iPad Air 2? Ok, just seen it's £230. That's nearly 2 more batteries. :)

ya, I use Adobe Creative Cloud for all my work. As far as monthly fee--are you kidding? Do the math on buying Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Muse. (these are the programs I use, but there are like 20 more in the CC suite). And from being a *hard-core* FCP user from the first versions, I gotta say that Premiere is in another class. No comparison.

Reactions: gwhiz2k
I'm really confused. Not talking about my bank bigger than yours. Not wanting to get into a really weird pissing match either.
What I though I made clear--sorry if I didn't was this: if you bought all those pieces of software if would cost a LOT more than the $49 a month for the whole creative suite. That was the math I was referring to.

:cool:No problem at all that's what makes these forums tough. It's easy to take out of context and for that I apologize. I do like CC and love after effects just have always enjoyed FCP. And definitely not saying one is better than the other because honestly it depends on who's sitting in the chair;)

I've been editing with Avid Media Composer, coupled with After Effects (creative cloud). I'm told Adobe Premier handles the 4k well. Final Cut is really good as well. So much of this editing software depends on what you really want or need to do with your footage...is this more of a hobby, or is the footage incorporated into higher-end projects, etc.

How about the hardware side of things? My 32bit, 8GB RAM, Windows machine just won't render Quickly enough.
( I just tried to start another thread on the same subject .. Then saw this.
FWIW, I consider myself intermediate skill level.

Most editing software programs should tell you minimum requirements for their systems. I'm spoiled...I work for a company that has really great engineers and IT folks...they handle all this...I just get to click and play.

How about the hardware side of things? My 32bit, 8GB RAM, Windows machine just won't render Quickly enough.

You have 8GB @ 32bit? Are you sure? 32 bit can only utilize ~3.5GB of RAM. 64bit can use more RAM. Not to mention, if you're using newer versions of Premiere Pro, 64bit apps can use more of that RAM as well, better performance. If you're building a video editing machine for Premiere, RAM isn't as important (I haven't seen PP use a lot of it), but it's better to have a good nVidia card, because those can use CUDA for better playback performance.

Now, if we're talking After Effects, it EATS up RAM. So the more RAM, the more previewing you can do. 8gigs gets me by, but my laptop i7 has 16GB (and CUDA) and is actually better for editing in AE.

Another thing that can really help is having multiple HD's. If you can have source material on one drive, and write to another, and if neither are the system disk, you'll notice better speed. Spinning drives are better, just because SSD's have finite number of writes per block. At least that's what I was told. Pros like to use a RAID setup. Nice thing about that, with all these new machines supporting eSATA, USB3.0, or Thunderbolt, you can get external arrays. I plan on going that route for the laptop.

Thanks for the reply, gwhiz. I have a Toshiba Quisimo. Fast for its time 3 years ago. Im pretty sure its 32bit, and it makes use of the ram. but im not home at the moment and cant check it. Right now the issues with DJI sort of make this discussion temporarily moot. Lol.

rendering is about your video card. What video card do you have?

I'm new to all of this and tried Cyberlink Power Director 14... from reading the tin, seems like it does a lot of the stuff I want to do, however I have to convert the files to a different format from what the Inspire 1 spits out. That or I need to tweak the output files the Inspire is generating in the first place - did I say I was new to all this?!

Did I just hit unlucky with my choice or is this standard procedure for a lot of editing software? I'd like to just download, edit and go.

I'm running windows 10, 64bit 8GB RAM. Any advice or tips on some of the software already mentioned to go for would be much appreciated.

I'm not looking for top end - more like entry to intermediate-ish!...

ya, I use Adobe Creative Cloud for all my work. As far as monthly fee--are you kidding? Do the math on buying Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Muse. (these are the programs I use, but there are like 20 more in the CC suite). And from being a *hard-core* FCP user from the first versions, I gotta say that Premiere is in another class. No comparison.
Im in the same boat. I use Creative cloud and Prem Pro CC on the fasted iMac money can buy. The monthly fee is very small for what we get. i have used FCPro for 18 years and after they went to FCPX, I stuck with them afraid to switch to Prem Pro. FCPX is probably ok for what you guys need but its really only a toy for pros. The new Prem Pro is fantasic in many ways but there are some things I dont like and I miss the FCP7.In saying all that, I convert my footage to Pro Res 1080P to edit. My work goes on tv anyway so no one will ever see 4k. I would be interested to know what you like about Prem Pro CC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo