Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What went wrong here?

That was bizarre! !
Good job documenting the malfunction! !
I'm guessing you had a esc failure. ..
Sorry to see you're having issues gene...
glad it didn't get all busted up..
turbo. ...

Thanks, like most things, stuff goes wrong, and if you're in the air, they can go very wrong, I never want this to happen to me, but how do we try and make sure it doesn't?
Buy or build a Hexacoptor......you then have redundancy. That's the only way to give your rig a chance of staying airborne at the loss of a prop/motor/esc.

Thanks guys for the responses. Will update after calling DJI on Monday. Also have the flight logs so hope we can know what went wrong. I think the motor failure and ESC fault was a product of the crash landing and not the cause so will wait and see if the data will solve the mystery.

Could simply be a prop broke in flight too.

Thanks, like most things, stuff goes wrong, and if you're in the air, they can go very wrong, I never want this to happen to me, but how do we try and make sure it doesn't?
You can't. The only way to be sure that doesn't happen is not to fly ;)
You can just mitigate them a tad on the few factors you can actually act on - like the props precisely for example, but 99% of what makes a multi fly is out of your control.

Even a hex/octo only offers redundancy in a very limited set of failure scenarios. A failing motor/ESC often takes out the others with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters