Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What would you consider high hours on an Inspire 2?

Reaction score
Been looking at used I2's and theres one out there that has 26 hours on it . What would you consider high in terms of hours on the craft before problems start cropping up? Any inspire 2's out there with 100 hours on them? Any known problems that come up with high hours? Would you consider buying a drone with 26 hours on it? My first inspire 2 will see moderate use. Im well versed in the phantom and mavic platforms but not the inspire, It wont be the workhorse of my fleet but I still need it to last.

Been looking at used I2's and theres one out there that has 26 hours on it . What would you consider high in terms of hours on the craft before problems start cropping up? Any inspire 2's out there with 100 hours on them? Any known problems that come up with high hours? Would you consider buying a drone with 26 hours on it? My first inspire 2 will see moderate use. Im well versed in the phantom and mavic platforms but not the inspire, It wont be the workhorse of my fleet but I still need it to last.

Moved to Inspire 2 section

That's a very interesting question. Coming from an aviation background "time" can mean many things, it kind of depends upon care during those hours, how the craft is maintained and where it's stored. Twenty hours is a lot if it gets bounced around a lot and is stored in hot vehicles or non climate controlled storage, but several hundred hours shouldn't be much if it's had good care. Still, it would be interesting to know, on average, when boards begin to fail, motors need replacing, etc.

26hrs? I might consider it just about run in.

Wouldn't have an issue with it whatsoever provided a visual inspection didn't turn up anything to give me cause to worry.

It's like most things, you could buy something with few hrs on it and badly looked after, or something with high hrs and really well looked after. Or you could get something brand new, 0hrs and it dies on you straight off. It's pot luck what card fate deals you!

Reactions: marctronixx
DJI have a Maintenance guide you can download, they recommend this to be conducted every 200 flights or 50 hours. At 26 hours its1/2 way to a first service!

Reactions: Doecliff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84