Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's up with USB port no longer working after storage?

Thank You! Got it installed, of course it wants the password for [email protected]....

LOL...what? Run me through your install process. You should be installing via iTunes. I'm not sure how or why a .bin file would ask for MY credentials...unless....I used my credentials in Charles Proxy getting the file in the first place. Interesting. That said, at what point are you asked for credentials? Something isn't right. Leave a detailed log (or a video is better) of your installation process.

FWIW, I have installed the legacy Go and Go 4 app on my business partner's iPads. I don't recall being asked for credentials. But that was a couple years ago.

D

a .bin file didn't ask for credentials, an .ipa file did. They are linked to the account of whomever downloaded them originally, and Apple doesn't want us downloading a $5 or $30 program from the app store and giving it to others (for free) to use. Of course the same restriction is put on FREE downloads, who knows why? The authorization wont show up for YOU because you are signed into your iCloud (or iTunes) account.
I ran into the same issue back in 2015 when I was sharing my Pilot 1.0.2 app with everyone. Essentially, I had to post my password to my iTunes (iCloud) account for a set period of time, giving those people a chance to download and install (authorize) the program. Then later, I changed my password so people couldn't access my iTunes nefariously (someone did anyway before I changed the password). Those who already installed the program could use it forever without reauthorizing, but they could NEVER delete it and reinstall it, because my account password was changed.
So basically, unless you are willing to give me your password, let me install the .ipa, then change your password-----this won't work. If you ARE willing, PM me, don't post it publicly for obvious reasons.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.PNG
    IMG_0027.PNG
    77.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0030.PNG
    IMG_0030.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
a .bin file didn't ask for credentials, an .ipa file did.

Right. My mistake. I meant .ipa file.

They are linked to the account of whomever downloaded them originally, and Apple doesn't want us downloading a $5 or $30 program from the app store and giving it to others (for free) to use.

I guess that makes sense. I'm a Windows guy so I have to get my head wrapped around the Apple-chasm and the idea that .ipa files are married to a specific user.

Of course the same restriction is put on FREE downloads, who knows why?

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Makes no sense.

The authorization wont show up for YOU because you are signed into your iCloud (or iTunes) account.

Copy that. Makes sense.

I ran into the same issue back in 2015 when I was sharing my Pilot 1.0.2 app with everyone. Essentially, I had to post my password to my iTunes (iCloud) account for a set period of time, giving those people a chance to download and install (authorize) the program. Then later, I changed my password so people couldn't access my iTunes nefariously (someone did anyway before I changed the password). Those who already installed the program could use it forever without reauthorizing, but they could NEVER delete it and reinstall it, because my account password was changed.

That makes sense. I know I'm a little ignorant of the Apple regimen, but can't one simply change the login credential for FREE Appleware??? I seem to remember doing something similar to this on my business partner's iPads....but it's been such a long time...years...**** failing memory....

So basically, unless you are willing to give me your password, let me install the .ipa, then change your password-----this won't work. If you ARE willing, PM me, don't post it publicly for obvious reasons.

Yeah...I'm not really comfortable with that. I use that password (or permutations of it) for a LOT of accounts.

I gave you the Appextvrsid numbers. Those should give you a head start using Charles Proxy. But I think you mentioned that even that no longer works, right? Hmmmm...I've had mixed results with Charles Proxy on different machines. I'm tempted to try a Charles Proxy download just to see if it works. But geeze...It's been well over a year. Suck.

D

So I realize its alot of trouble but you could do what I did back in the day, that is, log into your itunes account, CHANGE the password to Inspire123. Tell me when, and I'll authorize my app and let you know I'm done. Then you go back into itunes, and change the password back to whatever you want; I never know YOUR password.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont