Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

When r we gonna get real control?

Reaction score
I thought that the new pilot app was going to have orbit, way point and follow me built into it??? What is going on... these are part of every new drone out there... solo has it and every other one I have been checking out has some parts of that - did I make a BIG mistake getting the inspire? I am starting to think so...

Great, one more troll...

So you actually want to lose control, right? Because those options do the work you would be doing, which is the opposite of "giving you control"...

Add to that the fact that all of those quads advertising these features can barely fly never mind fly on their own. Watch some videos of people testing those quads. They are a long ways from being autonomous and all are RIDDLED with issues.

Reactions: Scotflieger
I thought that the new pilot app was going to have orbit, way point and follow me built into it??? What is going on... these are part of every new drone out there... solo has it and every other one I have been checking out has some parts of that - did I make a BIG mistake getting the inspire? I am starting to think so...
The Pilot App on its own will not deliver what you want. Some will depend on the anticipated next firmware update or even another app like the Phantom Ground School. Alternatively, you could always develop you flying skills so you can orbit or follow planned waypoints.

Last edited:
really that is all you have to say - its all about the getting the shot - using tech to fill in smooth control line up the camera angles and not have to worry about losing control.

I would actually worry more about losing control with those "advanced" functions than without... We already have lots of people who don't know how to detect and react to erratic "simple" GPS flight behavior, so it's gonna get even worse when they only look at the video and completely forget to check what the aircraft is doing.

HA! You crack me up - Keep an eye on your flight but don't worry about the shot - You have to do both at the same time you idiot - do any of you have clients? They pay for a perfect shot - I understand you want to "fly" so go get a real pilots license then you will have all the control you want. I want to MAKE MONEY and do what I enjoy at the same time and if I rely on software to help me achieve that goal or use a tool to benefit me and the client I will... so get off your high and mighty paper airplane and get real. I notice NONE of you answered the question either just have some BS to spew.

HA! You crack me up - Keep an eye on your flight but don't worry about the shot - You have to do both at the same time you idiot - do any of you have clients? They pay for a perfect shot - I understand you want to "fly" so go get a real pilots license then you will have all the control you want. I want to MAKE MONEY and do what I enjoy at the same time and if I rely on software to help me achieve that goal or use a tool to benefit me and the client I will... so get off your high and mighty paper airplane and get real. I notice NONE of you answered the question either just have some BS to spew.
your assuming a lot in that sentence without having a clue what anyone here does.

if you think your going to get an answer after that good luck matte ;)

Wow....I guess you chose the wrong platform for your business. I don't see anybody in this post claiming that you shouldn't keep an eye on the shot you want for your customer. You can get great results with these machines but I'm sorry, it does involve flying skills, at least until the platform has evolved to fly these things completely autonomously. Even then you need to be able to fly these things in case something goes wrong or if the circumstances require it. If you don't want to invest in learning to fly so that you are experienced enough to fly safely and to be able to line up a decent shot, please sell your inspire and pay for a helicopter ride and take your shots that way.
Funny that you paid 3k for a tool that you didn't realize what it can and can't do. I hope you don't buy your other professional equipment that way. Please sell your inspire (or learn to fly).

Three posts on the forum and you are already violating forum rules and directly insulting other members!
Not really a good start is it?
Could you please refrain from directly insulting individuals otherwise your membership will be short lived.

For your information, I fly the inspire commercially and have full CAA certification to do so.
The most important thing regarding ANY flight is safety. I have to complete a full risk assessment before taking on any task and I have the final say whether that aircraft goes airborne.
If I consider the request/flight has too high an element of risk associated with it where I cannot guarantee the safety of crew and civilians I do not make the flight.
Does that upset clients? Yes sometimes but when I explain to them that the Inspire is a 3kg projectile capable of 50mph with 4 razor sharp blades spinning at 9,000 rpm they usually 'get the point'. If they don't, I walk away.

All BS aside... Is it wrong to what more features, features that may or may not suit ones particular interests, that may have been hinted at up front but not yet delivered?

Can anyone disagree that fixing the problems need to come first and oh yes there are problems.

But most of all, maybe people need to chill. Too may rants.

All BS aside... Is it wrong to what more features, features that may or may not suit ones particular interests, that may have been hinted at up front but not yet delivered?

Can anyone disagree that fixing the problems need to come first and oh yes there are problems.

But most of all, maybe people need to chill. Too may rants.

I agree enough said...

My bebop is my go to device for all of my commercial work since it has most of those features like iPhone waypoints and 8 gb of internal memory for those extended shoots. I let my kid play with the inspire in the bath since I can't get one single usable shot with it. :D

Wow....I guess you chose the wrong platform for your business. I don't see anybody in this post claiming that you shouldn't keep an eye on the shot you want for your customer. You can get great results with these machines but I'm sorry, it does involve flying skills, at least until the platform has evolved to fly these things completely autonomously. Even then you need to be able to fly these things in case something goes wrong or if the circumstances require it. If you don't want to invest in learning to fly so that you are experienced enough to fly safely and to be able to line up a decent shot, please sell your inspire and pay for a helicopter ride and take your shots that way.
Funny that you paid 3k for a tool that you didn't realize what it can and can't do. I hope you don't buy your other professional equipment that way. Please sell your inspire (or learn to fly).
My bebop is my go to device for all of my commercial work since it has most of those features like iPhone waypoints and 8 gb of internal memory for those extended shoots. I let my kid play with the inspire in the bath since I can't get one single usable shot with it. :D

Ha - your so busy you got time off today to post crap :)

Reactions: The Shadow
To reply to your original question.
If you need POI orbit, follow me, and waypoints then yes, you did buy the wrong platform. The Inspire may get these features in the future but when, no one knows.

I suggest that if you are serious about aerial cinematography you invest in a DJI S900, A2, LightBridge, Zenmuse GH4 gimbal, Panasonic GH4, and the Groundstation. This will get you everything you need (apart from follow me which is in my opinion a stupid gimmick and of no value in the real world) and the image quality of your video will be vastly superior to the Inspire.
Very few people base their business on the Inspire. It's great as a filler craft for tight jobs or where having $20k in the air isn't feasible, but if you are serious you should be flying a proper pro platform. The Inspire is great for what it is, but it's not the be-all and end-all of aerial platforms.

Reactions: Soflms

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry