Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where are all these views coming from?

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots,

About 6 months ago I posted the below video of the stunning Guilin and Yangshuo region in China. The video was well received and has its 15 minutes of glory.

As of a few days ago, the thing has gone mad and I'm clocking 2500-3000 views a day. Vimeo usually tracks the sources, but I'm having trouble understanding where the views are coming from. Most of them seem to be coming from Korea, but I can't pinpoint the source.

Before anyone asks, no i didn't purchase views from a third party. I know this exists but I wouldn't fall that low.

Anyone had similar experience?

My guess, you have the embedding enabled for this and a tourist/travel site is using your footage to promote their tour/city?

nice footage!

And it's gonna get another 15 minutes of fame..........WELL DONE! Just awesome!

The old curmudgeon in me is rearing his ugly head... I thought this was a subforum for Inspire 1 videos.

Why is this posted here? o_O
In principle, you're right. However, the question itself had nothing to do with the device used to shoot the video, but rather what was the source of all the views on Vimeo.

I'm a fairly active member of this forum and was reaching out to fellow pilots for feedback (again, not on the video itself).

Cheers.

The old curmudgeon in me is rearing his ugly head... I thought this was a subforum for Inspire 1 videos.
Why is this posted here? o_O

The old curmudgeon in me is rearing his ugly head forcing me to reply to your post wondering why you are such a **** to this nice man. Just as folks were making his day offering opinions as well as well deserved praise for his video, you had to come in here an crap on him.
I hope you feel better about yourself for doing so, (maybe you can apply for a moderator position?). If there were a "thumbs down" button you would get MANY clicks.

Then, after forcing an explanation from this man, you feel it was necessary to take another swing, (adding the "rolling eyes" for good measure)

:rolleyes:One would imagine that question could have been answered by the folks at Vimeo

How un-Inspired you make people, how about trying to be nice for a change? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Soflms and Lucan
:rolleyes:

One would imagine that question could have been answered by the folks at Vimeo.

Vimeo does answer this question...you don't even have to ask either.

Which btw, most of your views are stemming from a South Korean web portal "Daum" which is a service based portal

Another semi-large area is from Naver, another South Korean service based web portal

The rest are from an unknown source, this could be anything, but it's a source that you've allowed to embed your video (or gave the link to)

Last edited:
Vimeo does answer this question...you don't even have to ask either.

Which btw, most of your views are stemming from a South Korean web portal "Daum" which is a service based portal

Another semi-large area is from Naver, another South Korean service based web portal

The rest are from an unknown source, this could be anything, but it's a source that you've allowed to embed your video (or gave the link to)
Yes I know that much. Problem is when you click on those links, it leads nowhere. That's why I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about these service providers (daum and paper).

Could it be that my video ended up on a mass mailing list, or are these legitimate views by real people?

Cheers

Yes I know that much. Problem is when you click on those links, it leads nowhere. That's why I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about these service providers (daum and paper).

Could it be that my video ended up on a mass mailing list, or are these legitimate views by real people?

Cheers

They lead directly to their websites. It could be a number of different things. Those websites very suspect though, my first thought is paid...doesn't mean you did it.

The old curmudgeon in me is rearing his ugly head forcing me to reply to your post wondering why you are such a **** to this nice man. Just as folks were making his day offering opinions as well as well deserved praise for his video, you had to come in here an crap on him.
I hope you feel better about yourself for doing so, (maybe you can apply for a moderator position?). If there were a "thumbs down" button you would get MANY clicks.

Then, after forcing an explanation from this man, you feel it was necessary to take another swing, (adding the "rolling eyes" for good measure)

How un-Inspired you make people, how about trying to be nice for a change? :rolleyes:

First, as soon as you resorted to calling names, you lost the debate.

Second, we live in a day and age when rules and guidelines do not apply to everyone. There are, evidently, a select few who are of the opinion that rules and guidelines do not apply to them. This is the Inspire 1 forum. It was established for those who own and/or operate the Inspire 1. Period!

In the wisdom of the forum owner, a Phantom forum established for those who own and/or operate the Phantom, in its various iterations. You can't get anymore equitable than that.

The video in question was shot using a Phantom Vision 2, not an Inspire 1. Just as easily, and more appropriately, the video could/should have been posted in the Phantom forum and the question asked there. If a fraction of the Phantom owners/operators were to post their videos here, we would be inundated with Phantom videos.

Third, was the subterfuge used to post video. The question could have easily been posted without the video. The video does not fit within the guidelines for videos in this forum. The video, in of itself, has no direct correlation to the question, which could/should just as easily have been posted with a link to the video posted in the Phantom forum's video section.

Four, the video was posted here for one reason only. The OP and those with any measure of perception know why.

Five, when you insist on breaking rules and guidelines, no matter who you are, you open yourself up to being ridiculed for such behavior. If you don't like it or can't take it, then, by all means, do not break the rules and blow off the guidelines.

Reactions: HollyFlier
Like I said earlier, you should apply for a Moderator position so you don't look silly when you try to RUN this site as if it were Yours. (please tell Admin to STOP spamming me. thx)

Reactions: Soflms
First, as soon as you resorted to calling names, you lost the debate.

Second, we live in a day and age when rules and guidelines do not apply to everyone. There are, evidently, a select few who are of the opinion that rules and guidelines do not apply to them. This is the Inspire 1 forum. It was established for those who own and/or operate the Inspire 1. Period!

In the wisdom of the forum owner, a Phantom forum established for those who own and/or operate the Phantom, in its various iterations. You can't get anymore equitable than that.

The video in question was shot using a Phantom Vision 2, not an Inspire 1. Just as easily, and more appropriately, the video could/should have been posted in the Phantom forum and the question asked there. If a fraction of the Phantom owners/operators were to post their videos here, we would be inundated with Phantom videos.

Third, was the subterfuge used to post video. The question could have easily been posted without the video. The video does not fit within the guidelines for videos in this forum. The video, in of itself, has no direct correlation to the question, which could/should just as easily have been posted with a link to the video posted in the Phantom forum's video section.

Four, the video was posted here for one reason only. The OP and those with any measure of perception know why.

Five, when you insist on breaking rules and guidelines, no matter who you are, you open yourself up to being ridiculed for such behavior. If you don't like it or can't take it, then, by all means, do not break the rules and blow off the guidelines.
Gentlemen, thank you both for your feedback. While I appreciate the debate going on here, I personally have no issues with anyone expressing their opinions with regards to a post I made. Having said this, it seems like we are getting besides the original point of the post itself which was to identify the sources of the views on a video I made previously. As an Inspire 1 owner and a frequent contributor to this forum, I did not expect to have someone create a heated debate on a rather elementary issue.

Is your criticism founded? I believe so and as I said earlier, in principle you are right. End of debate, you win, let's move on please and revert back to the original purpose of this post.

IBTL!

howdie pgaucher I got a couple of observations. First off I, like most people in here, love the work you do and that particularly for me, am jealous that you can travel to exotic places that in my lifetime would probably never will be able to visit.

Being it is what it is, asking a bunch of drone, not drunk, pilots about what and why a you are getting strange views reports from your video is like being an absolute Attention Whore.
attention-whore_o_154167.jpg

Maybe you are maybe not but asking specifics about your so called issue just turns people off. is most cases like this we have no clue and don't know how to answer it because we don't work for Vimeo. So if you are worried about who and where these videos are being viewed at then don't post them.

Case closed.

Secondly as stated before you are one lucky SOB. Travelling to some of the most remote and beautiful placed on earth is one for the books but if you have the ability and means to bring some of the Inspire Pilot Forum team members it would be gracious of you and we'll surely buy you a Bud Light and throw you a hotdog on the grill because that is how much in debt we are flying these things. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters