Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where can i download some 5K RAW DNG video files to test how my mac handle them ?

There's nothing to loose with Davinci Resolve since even free version will give you more than you'll ever need for post production ...

It's a huge leap forward with CineDNG footage. Colour grading options and image corrections are practically endless, image quality stunning ... Naturally the workflow is a tad more complex, but if you're after quality there's nothing better out there.

That said, I have extra Cinecore SSD card and Thunderbolt 3 card reader for sale. I may try to download some 4K DNG file to a Dropbox, if you're still interested in testing. Let me know ...
Hi Dobmatt
To be honest,at this point,the fact that Davinci is free doesn't even matter for my choice of editing software.
After spending a lot's of money on many drones including two Inspire 2 and a brand new imac,the price of Final Cut Pro is just a "drop in the bucket" in the whole picture...
I've no doubt that both Resolve and FCP are more than enough for my needs and they both have there pro's and con's
I'm nowhere near a professional and i don't aiming for that...
I'm coming from a music studio background and it was the same story
There was a lot a music recording software to choose from and all of them were good enough for the job but
they all had there way and some feel more "natural" than other in the work flow...
So i'm gonna try both Davinci ( free ) and Final Cut Pro ( 30 days free trial ) and i'm gonna stick with the one that "feel right" to me
I'll keep that in mind for your extra Cinecore SSD card and Thunderbolt 3 reader.
What SSD size do you have ?

Hi Dobmatt
To be honest,at this point,the fact that Davinci is free doesn't even matter for my choice of editing software.
After spending a lot's of money on many drones including two Inspire 2 and a brand new imac,the price of Final Cut Pro is just a "drop in the bucket" in the whole picture...
I've no doubt that both Resolve and FCP are more than enough for my needs and they both have there pro's and con's
There was a lot a music recording software to choose from and all of them were good enough for the job but
they all had there way and some feel more "natural" than other in the work flow...
So i'm gonna try both Davinci ( free ) and Final Cut Pro ( 30 days free trial ) and i'm gonna stick with the one that "feel right" to me
I'll keep that in mind for your extra Cinecore SSD card and Thunderbolt 3 reader.
Huh, guess what? I have the same software background! I've been polishing my computer skills with many music recording/audio editing apps years ago, most notably with Cakewalk, Vegas and Sound Forge stuff. Oh, well ...
Whatever, the SSD card I have is 240GB. Please note that Thunderbolt 3 version of DJI card reader is of stunning transfer rate, as opposed to a clumsy USB version. Good luck with your endeavours, we're here to help each other ...

Reactions: Jimmypainter
Huh, guess what? I have the same software background! I've been polishing my computer skills with many music recording/audio editing apps years ago, most notably with Cakewalk, Vegas and Sound Forge stuff. Oh, well ...
Whatever, the SSD card I have is 240GB. Please note that Thunderbolt 3 version of DJI card reader is of stunning transfer rate, as opposed to a clumsy USB version. Good luck with your endeavours, we're here to help each other ...
I was a Digital Performer user for 15 years,try many before ending up with DP...
And you're right,i've read a bit about the DJI SSD card reader and the Thunderbolt is definitively the way to go for those big files transfers.

Reactions: Jimmypainter
I was a Digital Performer user for 15 years,try many before ending up with DP...
And you're right,i've read a bit about the DJI SSD card reader and the Thunderbolt is definitively the way to go for those big files transfers.
Strange, but these items are becoming hard to find. Even official DJI store is running empty ...

Hi Dobmatt
I hope you can jump all over that SSD and reader. As far as Final Cut VS DaVinci ... why choose. I like Final Cut the most, use DaVinci for color and other utilities, and use Hitfilm Express for some special effects and Composition. It’s all about personal preference and I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. If you specialize, learn one package, and stick solely to just one ... I would say
Hitfilm for a lot of special effects
DaVinci for super professional Hollywood work
Final Cut and add ons for Apple accelerated raw speed, Youtube, and easiest path to professional quality work. If I ever get a paycheck from any of my work... I will stop playing, pay for some classes, and specialize in the Final Cut path. Adobe also has it’s fans, I just love all the secret Cheats from Hardware, OS, and the App stack developed by one vendor. Things may change who can learn it all. I live just north of Nashville... where are you guys from and is Drone work picking up. It’s Five Times over a flooded market here. Lots of work but way way way too many trying to complete for whatever scraps they can find for $30-40 / HR.

Reactions: Mr.Burns.666
I hope you can jump all over that SSD and reader. As far as Final Cut VS DaVinci ... why choose. I like Final Cut the most, use DaVinci for color and other utilities, and use Hitfilm Express for some special effects and Composition. It’s all about personal preference and I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. If you specialize, learn one package, and stick solely to just one ... I would say
Hitfilm for a lot of special effects
DaVinci for super professional Hollywood work
Final Cut and add ons for Apple accelerated raw speed, Youtube, and easiest path to professional quality work. If I ever get a paycheck from any of my work... I will stop playing, pay for some classes, and specialize in the Final Cut path. Adobe also has it’s fans, I just love all the secret Cheats from Hardware, OS, and the App stack developed by one vendor. Things may change who can learn it all. I live just north of Nashville... where are you guys from and is Drone work picking up. It’s Five Times over a flooded market here. Lots of work but way way way too many trying to complete for whatever scraps they can find for $30-40 / HR.
Work? Let me sing along with B.B. King "The Thrill Is Gone"... One may make a few bucks here and there, but not a living. Other words, don't quit your day job. Never, ever ... Fascinating hobby, the joy of flying, valuable addition to landscape photographer toolbox? Yes, but never a stand alone drone filming business. Not even with Inspire 2 these days ... Too affordable.

Hi Donnie
I would only need 15 to 30 seconds clip,if for some reason i need more,i would just "copy and paste" it.
I really just wanna have a idea of how my Mac will react before making the jump to higher resolution.

Copy that. Keep an eye on RAM while the video is playing. Depending on the software you use, it may try to load and play video from RAM, which may take a minute or two to "saturate." This may cause choppy playback, but only after a given amount of time. Your idea of pasting clips together is a good idea. I would want to see it run a good 5 minutes before it got my stamp of approval.

Good luck!

D

Hi, we have been using 2013 mackbook running resolve the view DNG files in the field - may be a bit jerky but you can check the footage - mostly when shooting DNG you can refer to the proxies from the micro SD to check focus and exposure and for the director and DP to review.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo