Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where to find a Dji S1000 or S900

Welcome, what lingo are you meaning? Drone terminology, Photography, ?
We're all happy to help... plenty of guys on Inspire & Matrice forums with much experience to share.
You've landed on a S1000 / S900 / M600PRO platform discussion...focused on large payload, gimbals & methods of controlling payload.

If you're new to Drones, these large platforms offer abilities not capable in small platforms but also require more DIY configurations & modifications than "ready to fly" smaller platforms. The large platform is also getting harder to find or find the speciality components in DJI offerings; the S1000 & S900 were discontinued a few years ago. Other Brands continue with large platform Hex & Octals.

What's your interest, is there a end goal you're seeking to accomplish?
Thanks for jumping in and for giving me a rough idea of this space!
I was referring to drone lingo mostly, and understanding the space between what the group members here are interested in vs off-the-shelf ready-to-fly drones.

To you question, my main goal is to get into videography and photography with drones. My point of entry is real estate, but down the road I would love to go beyond real estate. Perhaps I'm thinking too much ahead, possible, perhaps not, I just like to understand the space before buying to know where I can go with investment xyz.
Larger platforms got my attention because I concerned ready-to-fly drones will have lots of limitations regarding the camera.

The reason for landing on this particular thread is that I was considering a S1000. I also quickly realized the conversation is educational and very likely "above my pay grade" ;)
Cheers!

Thanks for jumping in and for giving me a rough idea of this space!
I was referring to drone lingo mostly, and understanding the space between what the group members here are interested in vs off-the-shelf ready-to-fly drones.

To you question, my main goal is to get into videography and photography with drones. My point of entry is real estate, but down the road I would love to go beyond real estate. Perhaps I'm thinking too much ahead, possible, perhaps not, I just like to understand the space before buying to know where I can go with investment xyz.
Larger platforms got my attention because I concerned ready-to-fly drones will have lots of limitations regarding the camera.

The reason for landing on this particular thread is that I was considering a S1000. I also quickly realized the conversation is educational and very likely "above my pay grade" ;)
Cheers!
Well we're all in a continuous zone of learning... that's what makes the larger platforms rewarding & challenging.

The S1000 was readily available at multiple sites until about 2 yrs ago and the NOS "new old stock" Inventory basically dried up. Occasionally, a good condition used S1000 will show up... but it may have older electronics vs the A3 / A3Pro and Lightbridge. The NOS of A3PRO or Lightbridge Radio electronics has basically dried up too.

If you find one, and interested... feel free to toss us a line & link, we'll attempt to help examine.

On your comment on smaller out of the box platforms... the relatively new Mavic 3 series does have a MFT Sensor and produces very good results. The Smaller platforms also could meet real estate videography requirements.

If you'd like to use the Go4App that is common with the S1000, M600Pro larger platforms, a Mavic 2 Pro flies the same App for familiarity, and all these can use multiple 3rd Party Apps. The new platforms use the FLY App and can be a little more limited. A Mavic 2 Pro has been used by majority for Real Estate work... it'll produce good results.

One disadvantage of using a large platform... especially for Real Estate is 1) large size, 2) Older Radio limitations, 3) Crowd attention: some positive, some negative but it will get noticed. When I lift a M600Pro off my driveway just to examine, use batteries or test hardware & camera, it draws attention. Cars turn around and park to watch, people approach a little too close, etc. If you're not familiar, and you self-create a little problem & crash... you're looking at a hard to replace and pricey package.

A small platform isn't as impressive, but can fly more unnoticed and not alert some on ground. Most will provide excellent results and a lower level of nervousness flying in the initial flights.

Not trying to discourage the use of large platforms, mounting a DSLR with sharp lens produces excellent results and they are enjoyable to fly. Just suggesting if you're new to drones and the environment around flying drones, you might want to start with a Mavic 2 Pro or something similar. You'll get a great foundation that can be applied to larger platforms.

Well we're all in a continuous zone of learning... that's what makes the larger platforms rewarding & challenging.

The S1000 was readily available at multiple sites until about 2 yrs ago and the NOS "new old stock" Inventory basically dried up. Occasionally, a good condition used S1000 will show up... but it may have older electronics vs the A3 / A3Pro and Lightbridge. The NOS of A3PRO or Lightbridge Radio electronics has basically dried up too.

If you find one, and interested... feel free to toss us a line & link, we'll attempt to help examine.

On your comment on smaller out of the box platforms... the relatively new Mavic 3 series does have a MFT Sensor and produces very good results. The Smaller platforms also could meet real estate videography requirements.

If you'd like to use the Go4App that is common with the S1000, M600Pro larger platforms, a Mavic 2 Pro flies the same App for familiarity, and all these can use multiple 3rd Party Apps. The new platforms use the FLY App and can be a little more limited. A Mavic 2 Pro has been used by majority for Real Estate work... it'll produce good results.

One disadvantage of using a large platform... especially for Real Estate is 1) large size, 2) Older Radio limitations, 3) Crowd attention: some positive, some negative but it will get noticed. When I lift a M600Pro off my driveway just to examine, use batteries or test hardware & camera, it draws attention. Cars turn around and park to watch, people approach a little too close, etc. If you're not familiar, and you self-create a little problem & crash... you're looking at a hard to replace and pricey package.

A small platform isn't as impressive, but can fly more unnoticed and not alert some on ground. Most will provide excellent results and a lower level of nervousness flying in the initial flights.

Not trying to discourage the use of large platforms, mounting a DSLR with sharp lens produces excellent results and they are enjoyable to fly. Just suggesting if you're new to drones and the environment around flying drones, you might want to start with a Mavic 2 Pro or something similar. You'll get a great foundation that can be applied to larger platforms.
Thanks for the honest thoughts. The idea of starting "simpler" aligns with my latest line of thinking.

Speaking of large platforms, more specifically S1000 I understand they are getting rare, if anyone in the forum is looking for one, there is a seller in Oregon that I found through marketplace. His drone looks clean and doesn't seem to have had much use. He has lots of components including a GH gimbal. FYI for those who are interested. I considered it, hence how I found this forum, but as Dougcjohn mentioned it might be smarter in my case to start smaller and make my way up. If I were already in the space or better yet had a S1000 and liked it I would likely have explored it further. I'm not posting the link as I'm not sure if it would follow forum etiquette, but you can certainly do a search for S1000 in Maupin, Oregon.

I will keep my eye on the forum as I learn more about the hobby and trade. Cheers!

I have been interested in purchasing either a DJI S1000 or S900 series drone. I wanted to upgrade from my Mavic PRO (still gonna use it like crazy, the new one is for a different use case) and wanted something I can fly my Sony a7R2 from and take my filming to the next level. I also had some ideas to use it in other projects for search and rescue and payload tests. I know the Mavic 3 is beautiful but I have some other reasons I wanted to purchase due to its payload capability and the fact I can use whatever system and custom stuff in it. I can't seem to find a forum or a proper place to look for one. Not many of these are for sale anymore so I wanted to enlist some help from the pros. Do any of you either want to sell or happen to know where I can find a S900 or S1000?

Seriously thanks in advance. I hope this post is allowed.
I have one its a hanger queen. less than 50 hours panasonic balanced if you want it email me at [email protected] and illl give it to you for $500 bucks over shipping and include some batteries.

I have one its a hanger queen. less than 50 hours panasonic balanced if you want it email me at [email protected] and illl give it to you for $500 bucks over shipping and include some batteries.
Wow, selling the S1000 package for $500 + shipping?
Curious, does that include full... ready to fly setup.
Very good price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan