Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

White Hawk Down

Can we try and get this thread back on topic please???...Pretty please??????

Thanks guys. :)

Reactions: Sky
This thread had run its course and is dead now..
Wasn't cool until we started talking about riding and racing besides that it was the usual stuff from inspired 1..
go ahead and power trip now...

Let's go back on topic :)
After some sleepless nights and serious deliberations regarding the budget of my family, I had to do it.
So I accepted the offer made DJI Support Europe for a new exchange unit ( by the way, very nice team, great communication and service in Germany, it's my second experience with them and they were really awesome.)
So here I am today, with a new bird, having second thoughts about what kind of propellers should I use, self tightening or QR ? The choice is tough, I have around 5 pairs each, enough to use until Inspire 2 arrives :)
Thank you everyone for your kind words, flying season is open again !

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: turbodronepilot
I am currently using the QR prop as a test.

Yes, the QR props are quick to install and uninstall. I mean quick. Upon initial testing, as someone noted in a past post, I did find that they a little less noisy than the ST version which I found interesting. Now being, that I have noticed that the bird with ST props held their GPS position during hover better than the QR props.

I can't explain why this is but I have noticed this during my trial. It is characterized by some more than often slow drift either direction to occasional wobble effect but nothing that would worry any pilot. Again this is just my observation and mileage may vary.

Reactions: Mani
Sorry for your loss Mani.
I am a cell tower inspector and have prop guards on order as we speak, (can't wait)
I am in the same scenario as you in that if a wind gust pushes me into a tower and I nick a prop, I'm done. I put my bird at risk 5 days a week doing this and try to position myself downwind from the towers in case of a sudden gust.
Good luck to you, hope you get back in the air soon, thanks for sharing, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

maybe some of you can help. The sd card which was in the aircraft during the crash doesn't work anymore, it is not recognised by the computer. Is there a way to recover the material ? I had some nice shots during the last flight, hopefully I will be able to recover it, it will ease my pain :)
P.s still no news from DJI, tried to contact them but DJI Support Europe is closed until tomorrow, due to bank holliday. Since Saturday every hour seems longer than usual ...
Yes, this is not uncommon. Basically since the camera didn't stop recording, your file wasn't closed and thus, no .mov wrapper. There is a sticky thread right at the top of the "photo and video" page on the forum showing exectly how to recover from just such a loss. look here http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/how-to-recover-corrupted-video-files-from-an-inspire.1277/

I am currently using the QR prop as a test.

Yes, the QR props are quick to install and uninstall. I mean quick. Upon initial testing, as someone noted in a past post, I did find that they a little less noisy than the ST version which I found interesting. Now being, that I have noticed that the bird with ST props held their GPS position during hover better than the QR props.

Were you able to check the prop balance before testing each set?

You got me there. I haven't balanced the QR props because I need to make sure the prop mounting rod is truly zeroed before balancing and I don't want to spend on another balancing rod. One note is that I will not put take on my balancing rod even though most folks I've talked to says it would be fine. I just won't do it.

What I can say is that all of my ST props are truly balanced so that could be the explanation.

You got me there. I haven't balanced the QR props because I need to make sure the prop mounting rod is truly zeroed before balancing and I don't want to spend on another balancing rod. One note is that I will not put take on my balancing rod even though most folks I've talked to says it would be fine. I just won't do it.

What I can say is that all of my ST props are truly balanced so that could be the explanation.

make ur own balancing rods with any c/f rod lying about.
Some electrical tape wound around one end to fit the prop, a small socket hot glued to the other end. Roll it on your wine glass to make sure it's true, then balance away. :)
That's what I did to balance my ST props and they are perfect and flight is super smooth.

make ur own balancing rods with any c/f rod lying about.
Some electrical tape wound around one end to fit the prop, a small socket hot glued to the other end. Roll it on your wine glass to make sure it's true, then balance away. :)
That's what I did to balance my ST props and they are perfect and flight is super smooth.

That is the same methods folks have suggested and I am not going that route.

That is the same methods folks have suggested and I am not going that route.

It is not a route, it is a viable solution.
the DIY balance rod is either balanced or not, your props are either balanced or not
(why don't you understand gravity that does NOT care whether you paid $20 bucks or made your own)

Your props don't have to be waaaaay out of balance to cause harm (over time).
Your gimbal may have little rubber boots to absorb vibration, but your circuit boards, antennas and connectors don't.

Well apparently you are not as **** I am. I don't look for perfection but I've been involved in other activities that precision makes all the difference. So to each his own.

Why would you assume something so ridiculous?
Everything I do requires precision, especially when I balance my props.
I assure you that they are perfectly balanced.
If you want to justify NOT balancing your props because you think you are "****" and would never get them perfect, so be it, (to each his own).
Apparently several members have tried unsuccessfully to get through to you. :)
one thing I don't understand.
you have thousands of $$$ wrapped up in your I1 set-up, why do you refuse to buy a QR prop balancer? (and you're too **** to make one)?

I will make you one tomorrow for free, (you pay the $2.00 shipping First Class Mail), and You will be happy with it, I promise :) (I have c/f tube that fits the QR props exactly)

ps - I have 8 brand new QR props, and NONE of them balance, some off more than others

"Calculated risk" being the operative words here. If that "calculated risk" includes the loss of my $3,000+ Inspire 1, then it's a no-go. On other hand, if the client is willing to fully cover the loss of any such risks to get their shot, then I'm ready to go.
I think the remote is still worth about $600. You have some other parts worth money as well. I wouldn't say it was a total loss.

Well apparently you are not as **** I am. I don't look for perfection but I've been involved in other activities that precision makes all the difference. So to each his own.
But "a bit of precision" can only be better than "no precision at all", no?

Better to try and balance even if not with a perfect tool rather than do nothing and hope it's OK? The props won't magically do better because you haven't checked how bad they were :)

But "a bit of precision" can only be better than "no precision at all", no?

Better to try and balance even if not with a perfect tool rather than do nothing and hope it's OK? The props won't magically do better because you haven't checked how bad they were :)

True but then again I am not going to lose sleep over a prop that I don't intend to use as much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido