Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whoa! Headplay

The comparison is not at 30:33 it is at 24:33.

As for Carlsberg's comment, that was a bit out there and didn't even really make sense. Lets just forget that happened.

Reactions: sirnikolas
I was thinking the headplay set up would work quite well mounted on to a tripod. You could then use it as a monitor with an excellent ready built sunshade.
Some DP's might prefer this setup instead of looking like a berk.....

[QUOTE="Mark C, post: 42208, member: 16344... Some DP's might prefer this setup instead of looking like a berk.....[/QUOTE]

No worse than donning scuba gear. o_O

I was thinking the headplay set up would work quite well mounted on to a tripod. You could then use it as a monitor with an excellent ready built sunshade.
Some DP's might prefer this setup instead of looking like a berk.....
That sir, is an excellent idea.... Drops the dork factor by 6.5 points!!!!!

Why do you LIE like that dude?
We know you like them, STOP championing them.
You post your spam on the Zeus Cinimizer thread, then you LIE about what this video is actually about. wtf dude, what's your problem?

But he's right. That is the difference in size. I had some Cinemizers but moved them on because the image was so small. That comparison in the video is 100% accurate.

My new FPV "head-play" set arrived a few days ago, but I had some minor issues I had to contend with for a week before I actually got it working in sync with my I-1...First of all the cable that feeds in at the top, chrome plated ( 5 pin "din-plug") My Pops always called them, was cracked on the inside of the connector, which separates the 5 different pins. So I had to visit a hard core Elect shop, since the Radio Shack a 1 minute Drone ride away from my house went well...U no....Had to take the entire system apart, which in hind site was a very good teaching tool. I replaced the switch & good as new. Now the next issue wjich blew me away, was finding a stupid HDMI mini-to-HDMI mini cable to connect the Unit to my I-1. Well if you've looked they are not is huge supply or assortment. But after some calling I found a 3' cable which was only $7 but I had to trim around the plug rubber insulation, because it wouldn't fit inside the FPV HDMI socket area. (easy fix)
Then I located a Very awesome 6' high quality cable on Amazon for $20 free delivery. Si I'm all set. Hooking her up tonight & see what all the fuss is all about. Also I was happy I saved the 8 new batteries I had from my Helicopter collection of smaller stuff. So I had 4 lipo's that were 1000's & 2 1400's & 2 1200's. And Head-play sent me no battery charger, but sent me two of the units batteries. (take that trade ANY-DAY!!!) So all I had to do is swap out one of the cables on each battery to fit the Head-play pwr plug & I'm battery "Rich-*****"!!! (sorry I'm a huge Dave Chappelle fan)!!

Just a buyers note: I was fortunate that I have a basic understanding on how to fix stuff like what came defective out of the box. However if I wasn't a DIY guy & meeded to ship the defective unit back for a new one. And since they are not set up to do any repairs on these yet..getting a new replacement would be a huge issue. I waited 7 weeks from the day I paid until it was delivered, and was told that there would be an indefinite period of time to have the inventory to replace it....it would take months due to the huge back order of folks buying. Now on a good not, the folks you speak with at"GETFPV" are all very Polite,Intelligent,Fair, Honest & overall great business folks in my book. All in all I only wish that each unit should have some tighter quality control, like testing each unit before it ships out. That would have caught my defect easy! But as fast as these things are flying off the "assembly line", & the Huge demand for them, I totally understand that I might be an isolated case. It just keeps happening with every **** drone related thing I buy.....But that's another story..
I'll give a review after I take her out for a night flight & early am flight tomorrow...

Moose

UPDATE!
Headplay just announced on their facebook ~

"Headplay final assembly is beginning in Florida. We expect to ship some units to dealers and customers by this weekend.

More pictures tomorrow."
View attachment 1669

@turbodronepilot
@InspiredOne
@Outta Control
@EVERYONE!!!

Hi,
I received my unit last week and the power wouldn't stay on to the unit unless I put pressure on the connector as it goes into the (5 pin "din-plug"). So I called GETFPV & told them I thought it was most likely an easy fix, & if I opened the unit up to attempt to fix it, I didn't want any warranty issues. He was very cool & said NP & thanked me. Well the blue plastic center section of the unit's plug-i area had a split plastic area, causing 2-3 of the tiny 5 wire leads to move around and not make the current connection. I'm somewhat a DIY guy & replaced the part NP. I just wanted to point out the issue to you, in case you may have received a bad batch of those electrical components. I know it happens with Vehicle manufacturers all the time...anyway just a friendly heads-up. Also the whole you have for the Mini HDMI cable input area is too small for many of the HDMI mini cables made.It was another easy fix, just shaved back some of the rubber insulation on the HDMI plug and it was GTG. Just another helpful tip. I know that you guys are popping out these units ASAP & doing so at such a REASONABLE price point, combined with a quality product! So my hats off to you, & only want you guys to do great things!
Peace out!
Moose

PS: You couldn't have chosen a better strategic partner for marketing these units than you did with "ALL the folks working at GETFPV" They are the best group of folks I've ever spoken with & purchased from in the industry! They are a fantastic bunch!!!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Well after I completed the minor surgery I had to do to fix it & locate the proper cable, they look great, but I'm about to do my 1st actual flight using my I-1 in about an hour.. So I'm stoked to see.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde