Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wind Speed

Reaction score
What with the weather getting more "wintery" and a pick up in wind what is the limit to wind speed that you would/have flown in?

What wind speed have you flown in?

Im pretty religious about wind speed et al just a little surprised on other forums what people have done.

Not really wanting to push the envelope too much just wanting to make sure the factor I currently use is a sensible buffer without being too sensible/overly cautious with regard to windspeed.

36 km/h is guaranteed to be resisted by DJI however many said 50 km/h are not a problem neither. As you cannnot see the wind in 50m, 100m or even 150m alt most will not know what wind they actually faced.

I just would not fly too far away in high wind and better not to loss signal and let it climb to a high rth alt far away.

The bigger problem is the removed wind compensation in Inspire Pro and SDK firmware which will also be seen in next normal Inspire publix firmware. It makes the Inspire much faster with the wind but much slower against it even in very low wind. I just was flying an hour ago and had a big difference flying with or against the wind but it was really low wind.

I've flown in 30mph winds and achieved top speed of 84mph. The inspire can handle lots of wind, however be aware against the wind speed will be severely reduced. Only got 14mph that day against the wind. Also be aware the inspire can't go as fast sideways so it won't hold position against high cross winds. The more you know the better you can fly safely in high wind conditions.

Use atti mode to fly against the winds, it will allow you faster speed.

In april, I flew in 15-20 meter / second wind and took HDR images.
The drone was at a 45 degree angle to the wind, but totally still.
I was amazed!

A couple of days ago so I flew in 7-10 m / s and my INSPIRE 1 could not hold the position, even though I had 20st satellites.

Can only say that my drones have only gotten worse, with each FW update ..

In april, I flew in 15-20 meter / second wind and took HDR images.
The drone was at a 45 degree angle to the wind, but totally still.
I was amazed!

A couple of days ago so I flew in 7-10 m / s and my INSPIRE 1 could not hold the position, even though I had 20st satellites.

Can only say that my drones have only gotten worse, with each FW update ..

So true. The Inspire 1 that I purchased in July is a different bird today in a bad way.

Wondering if you can get hold of an INSPIRE 1, which is not updated, and then leave it on the first FW. Would make me very happy .. :)

Hmm .. well, with recent updates the Inspire has definitely become LESS EFFECTIVE in the wind. It's speed had decreased as well as it's ability to handle a headwind. Additionally, I can not get consistent gimbal levels, makes me crazy ..

At 1:25 you can see the worst of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur