Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wireless HDMI output for monitor - is it possible?

Reaction score
Can't find the answer to this on the forum so hoping some of you can help.

I have two RCs with my Inspire but want to hook up a third monitor using the HDMI port for the director to use on a shoot. Ideally this wants to be wireless but I'm not familiar with the technology so don't know whether it's possible or not. I'm wondering if an HDMI transmitter / receiver kit exists that is suitable for use with a compatible monitor.

I suspect there may be power issues but would be pleased to hear from anyone that has cracked it or knows the answer.

Alternatively is it possible to connect a third RC+tablet for video viewing only?

I'm using a Paralinx Arrow Plus system. It takes the HDMI out out of my RC and transmits 720P to a receiver that can then connect to your Director's monitor. www.paralinx.net

I think the system I use has been replaced by a newer version called the Arrow X. It can transmit full 1080p/60 and has a longer range but since the Lightbridge only outputs 720p... I'm content to stay with what I've got. You can find the "older" systems like mine for sale on EBay from time to time.

Wow... hadn't seen this item. It could be promising especially for the price. It's amazing how frighteningly similar the design appears to be compared to the Paralinx! I could be wrong but I don't think it'll plug directly into your HDMI output with the dongle transmitter without adapting down to the smaller HDMI connector on the RC. Not a big deal really but worth mentioning. As for USB power, I use some very affordable power packs made by Anker.

Good luck!

Jon

For me... I'm often somewhere away from the client so that I can stay within sight of the bird so the wireless part is helpful. It also allows them to sit in the shade while I'm in the sun! As for interference... the unit I use hasn't caused any issues BUT I don't plug the video transmitter directly into the RC either. I run a cable from the RC to the video transmitter which I have on a small pouch attached to me which allows for some distance from the RC antennae and also helps keep it close to the small USB power supply I keep in my pocket to run the video transmitter.

Good point. I was thinking it's a neat solution to have the transmitter on a stick but having the transmitter and power source in a pocket makes a lot of sense and minimises the risk of interference.

You can get a 3rd remote and use its HDMI out (or a tablet). Note that range is limited to <50m or so from the pilot's controller.

Reactions: dopeytree
Thanks for confirming this Kilrah as I wasn't sure if the Inspire is limited to two RCs. Do you know if there could be any deterioration of the video signal by having a second slave?

Also, with two slaves connected would they both have camera control capability or is that limited to just one of them?

I got HDMI transmitter / receiver and USB power supply from HDgenius. It is a one-stop HD video solutions store. It is convenient for my purchasing related items. The goods is also ok. I recommend it. Maybe it is helpful!

You can get a 3rd remote and use its HDMI out (or a tablet). Note that range is limited to <50m or so from the pilot's controller.

Anyone tried this with a third remote? I'm interested purely as a wireless video receiver - I'm temped to buy one and build a box for it so client can't mess up the camera.

One other thing I wonder if the lightbridge 2 controllers work with the inspire? then you'd gain sdi output.

[inspire faq] No more than 6 slave remote controllers (3 for Japan version) can be connected at the same time. The primary slave remote controller will be able to change the camera settings, as well as the tilt and yaw of the gimbal. The other slave remote controllers can only be used to change the parameters of the camera.

Reactions: Ezookiel
Unless you place the antenna on the "outside" of the remote via a SMA connector. I did this and I have a magnetic mount 5.8 antenna that i can place on-top of a car or a trailer to get the long range if needed.

Unless you place the antenna on the "outside" of the remote via a SMA connector. I did this and I have a magnetic mount 5.8 antenna that i can place on-top of a car or a trailer to get the long range if needed.

I was thinking just put the whole controller in a kind of box on top with a long hdmi to inside. On the controller is the 5.8 an internal antenna?

Anyone tried this with a third remote? I'm interested purely as a wireless video receiver - I'm temped to buy one and build a box for it so client can't mess up the camera.

One other thing I wonder if the lightbridge 2 controllers work with the inspire? then you'd gain sdi output.
They are not currently compatible with the Lightbridge in the Inspire.
What would the advantage of SDI o/p be on a highly compressed video stream? (Other than lockable connectors). You would not even get HD-SDI 3G SMPTE 424MM at 2.97 gbs quality.

They are not currently compatible with the Lightbridge in the Inspire.
What would the advantage of SDI o/p be on a highly compressed video stream? (Other than lockable connectors). You would not even get HD-SDI 3G SMPTE 424MM at 2.97 gbs quality.

Ha very true - hadn't thought that far ahead.

Out of curiosity any idea what the specs are of the inspire lightbridge? I thought I read somewhere 720 res at some kind of adaptable rate?

[inspire faq] No more than 6 slave remote controllers (3 for Japan version) can be connected at the same time. The primary slave remote controller will be able to change the camera settings, as well as the tilt and yaw of the gimbal. The other slave remote controllers can only be used to change the parameters of the camera.

Does anybody know if it's possible to selectively disable the camera controls on a third remote? So in other words it's simply used as a monitor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop