Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

WTB: Inspire 1 w/ X5R

Reaction score
Greetings,
Im looking to purchase an Inspire 1 w/ X5R please PM me if anyone is selling!

im on the fence between an i2 with X5s and i1 with X5R..... depends if i can get a deal i cant refuse on X5R i1. the licensing options for the i2 are a bit of a turn off. can you shoot me the details and contact info. Thanks i've seen new as low as 4300 and used in the 3500 to 3800 range

I think u should get the i2, is totally worth it!!! Really cheap for what it can do! The x5r is still too expensive, i dont get ppl, they are selling the x5r for more than 2000usd but the x5s wich is a camera that does 5.2k and 4k 60p and prores and can actually match the quality of an alexa mini is only 1800usd!!!!
If I were to spend 3500 on the drone I would save a little more and go for the i2, far superior drone, faster shots are awesome also!

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I got a second hand x5r in the UK recently for less than £1900 (no lens-but I had a 12mm left from when I sold my X5).
I was trying to sell my inspire 1 without a camera and the offers I were getting were a joke.
To get the raw option on the Inspire 2 I was looking at over £6,000.
I didn't want anything else but raw as the Phantom 4 Pro was outputting video quality on par with EVERYTHING else in the inspire 2 range, meaning my stuff was on the verge of looking very medicore in 2017 if I did not go down the RAW route.

So I invested another 2k in my inspire 1 and I have a raw platform for a price that would not even buy me an inspire 2.

I don't really care about 60 FPS or 5.2k, and I fly a custom hexacopter with a full frame camera on when I need high quality stills which wipe the floor with anything the inspire 2 has. Plus I don't have DJI's claws in my back with license demands. I can deal with whatever shortcomings the inspire 1 has, its a very able platform, though I am disappointed with the video breakup on my ipad mini 2 which worked great this time last year, but I tried a friends ipad pro and it worked great, so I will need to resolve this.
My guess is DJI have meddled or the new ios updates have changed something. then again I got over 3km with it the other day, then most days it breaks up and lags at much lower distance.

I would say I am pretty happy with the X5R, the workflow is nowhere near as bad as people made out, but it loves to chew ssd and hard drive space, so you really need to be selective with the record button. And prepare for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mayapatil281995