Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 Live Image problems after 1.10.1.40 Update

I have same issue after firmware update, video interruptions.
After some troubleshooting I found that by switching video transmission to manual, selecting less used channel brought down video interruptions to minimal, only had one over full battery flight.
Can some one set they that to confirm?

I experienced the same problems after FW upgrade. DJI were no help at all. I took it to a repair place (DroneDoctor in the UK). They said they couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it but replaced a cable and cleaned connections, etc. I've had one job since then and it seemed to perform (largely) OK... There was one brief moment when the image transmission signal was lost. Hopefully it stays that way. My I1 is from early 2015.

My issues are limited to one of the two X3's (one with most recent firmware). I wish it was a signal cable or pins on the mount, which would be an easy fix. Getting an X3 bricked by a firmware upgrade is pretty foul, at any level, and it does not matter (from posts seen on a variety sites, such as this forum, RC Groups, and the DJI Forum) whether the system was produced in 2014, 2015, or 2016; that was an urban legend at best.

Evening all
I have had a reply from DJI (re my no image problem) they have confirmed there is a fault with the X3 on mine, and are going to replace it under warranty FOC
I am really looking forward to getting it back all working :) will keep you all posted Thanks in advance DJI

X30001.JPG X30002.JPG X30003.JPG X30005.JPG X30006.JPG X30007.JPG

I'm glad that you got it resolved under warranty, I am not as fortunate, as my solve was only to buy a new X3, which really stinks, but it does work...

Regards,

Edd

Last edited:
Yes so am I well I've not got it back yet but I'm sure it will be fine.I do agree with you that a firmware update should not stop anything from working, and if it does surely DJI should sort it
FOC
Kind regards
Andy

Well..... I have had this problem and did lots of troubleshooting with DJI and it looks like the Inspire 1 is going in for repairs :(

They say it will take up to 2 weeks for it to get back to me, which is crazy if you ask me. It was the same turn around time for a battery replacement!

First a battery and now my bird....... WHATS NEXT?

Hi,

Short update to the saga; the bricked X3 works perfect with the Osmo Handle kit, so the high school kids now have a gimbal-stabilized 4K wireless camera for their use. That kind of turned the lemon into lemonade for us here. Both Inspire 1 drones got flown during the winter thaw up here in the Northeast without issues of any kind. The firmware is staying as it is in each system for the foreseeable future.

Regards,

Edd

I got mine back from dji with a new camera under warranty, all working fine now just need some nice weather to fly now :)

Finally got an update on my I1, they are now in the assessment phase.
Lets see how long this takes

My Inspire 1 V2 came back from drone nerds and is flying great but I had to buy a new X3 camera. I am getting all kinds of glitch, video delay on my ipad mini 2. Prior to the "tree incident" my video worked perfectly. Dare I say "Buttery?" Now I am not sure if I have a tablet issue or a X3 camera issue. The FW on the camera is out of date and I have been unable to update the camera FW. The repair guys updated the bird and controller but the X3 has old FW which I am hoping is the issue and can be remedied. How do I update JUST the X3 FW?

Hey guys not sure if this will help any of you or not but I was having the same problems. I checked cables cleaned connections and when reverting to the last firmware the image loss problem was gone. I re downloaded the latest firmwares and the same issue. When I checked what chanel the transmitter was on I noticed it was in manual ch 13. The weakest one so I put it in auto and had image again. So great. Next time I flew I had no image transmission again. I checked the channels again and it was In manual 13 again. I switched back to auto and Tada. Long story short every time I open dji go I have to put this back to auto. Haven't had a problem since and not sure why it reverts back to manual ch13. Hope it works for some of you

Was there ever any resolution to this? I've been flying my V1 with an X5 for a while now, finally got around to installing the V2 motors. I was going to do the first flight with the new motors with the old X3, and now it's giving the no image error, and intermittently flashes a black and white image. It always worked good before I upgraded firmware to the newest firmware prior to installing the X5. I checked the X5 and it's still working fine, only X3 having issues, and I know it's mechanically good. Ugh

Hey guys not sure if this will help any of you or not but I was having the same problems. I checked cables cleaned connections and when reverting to the last firmware the image loss problem was gone. I re downloaded the latest firmwares and the same issue. When I checked what chanel the transmitter was on I noticed it was in manual ch 13. The weakest one so I put it in auto and had image again. So great. Next time I flew I had no image transmission again. I checked the channels again and it was In manual 13 again. I switched back to auto and Tada. Long story short every time I open dji go I have to put this back to auto. Haven't had a problem since and not sure why it reverts back to manual ch13. Hope it works for some of you
Interesting, I will try this next time I fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont