Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 V Z3 Camera

if i said the height you'd really be amazed
Now I really gotta know... what is the height?

I'm thinking about getting the upgraded camera, but how configurable is it as far as zoom, and what does it look like fully zoomed out compared to X3? Are X3 and Z3 nearly the same when sitting at base level?

Now I really gotta know... what is the height?

I'm thinking about getting the upgraded camera, but how configurable is it as far as zoom, and what does it look like fully zoomed out compared to X3? Are X3 and Z3 nearly the same when sitting at base level?
both pics were 1640'

just wow, 4x max limit... :(

I have the x3 zoom on my Osmo. For me the BIGGEST thing aside from the zoom, is that when you ARE Zoomed, the PERSPECTIVE is better. Yes, things look closer because you're zoomed, but the perpective is more normal and not exaggerated as with a wide angle. It makes a huge difference especially when you're trying to show proximity and your client says 'why does that shopping center look like it's 2 miles away from the property when it's 2 blocks away?'...

That “micro motor” is an amazing thing and very effective. It’s an inertial mechanism used to stabilize the yaw axis. I saw a video of the Z3 open and the motor in action. It’s a busy little thing!

I got my Z3 in today. I hooked up the camera everything seems too be working fine I tried the zoom and everything. Do I still need to do a FW up date.

That’s kind of weird I thought you always had to do an update with the new camera. I have not flown it yet the weathers kind of bad. But from what I can see everything is working the way it should. It was definitely worth the investment much better camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
That’s kind of weird I thought you always had to do an update with the new camera. I have not flown it yet the weathers kind of shitty. But from what I can see everything is working the way it should. It was definitely worth the investment much better camera.
well you bought the inspire used. its possible the previous owner had a Z3?

Even when I purchased new batteries I never need to do a firmware update on those as well. I looked at it again. I even checked out the status on everything when the Drone gets fired up everything seems to be in order. As you stated if it’s not broke don’t fix it. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz