Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,
New to the forum.
Joined to hopefully get some help locating parts to repair a X4S.
Would like to repair it so that I could put it up for sale.
I purchased it at a local auction knowing that it has some value.
Though I'd love to, I do not have an Inspire 2 drone.
I've had various RC equipment over the past 30 years but have not owned any high end drones.... Yet.

The yaw arm is broken and looks like a cover for the ribbon on the yaw arm may be missing also.

I know the market for an item like this is limited and thought the members on this forum may be able to help.

Regards, Ken

GL1SOrg.jpg

wY8Me3p.jpg

C0SspTh.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Ken, welcome to InspirePilots, we are happy to have you here. For gimbal arm repairs your fastest and most cost effective option will be DJI's Service Center which is here in Cerritos, CA. Our repair technicians unfortunately do not carry X4S camera/gimbal parts and I do not believe other dealers with DJI certified technicians on staff would have these either as they are very limited from the factory. To create a repair case please visit this page.

Should you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact our team any time. Have a good one, and see you around the forum.

Hi Ken, welcome to InspirePilots, we are happy to have you here. For gimbal arm repairs your fastest and most cost effective option will be DJI's Service Center which is here in Cerritos, CA. Our repair technicians unfortunately do not carry X4S camera/gimbal parts and I do not believe other dealers with DJI certified technicians on staff would have these either as they are very limited from the factory. To create a repair case please visit this page.

Should you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact our team any time. Have a good one, and see you around the forum.

Thanks for the welcome, prompt reply & link.
Seems like I may have looked at that page and read that there was a significant charge to have the repair estimated, whether I authorized to have the repair performed or not. I do understand there is tech time involved in this.
Not knowing what the repair might cost, I have no idea if it would be cost effective to have this done.

Would be a shame to turn it into a paperweight.

FYI, a similar repair on an X5S in Europe has cost me around $310, and an awful lot of lost time :mad:

As Advexure said, the camera has to go back to DJI's own repair center as the dealer based repair center's don't seem to have been given the parts & training for this sort of repair :( .

Don't hold your breath for a quick repair either... so far it's taken over four weeks to even get a quote from DJI, and I'm at another week from OK'ing the repair and haven't heard anything more back from them yet. If I'd been using this kit operationally then I'd have had to go get a backup unit :(

FYI, a similar repair on an X5S in Europe has cost me around $310, and an awful lot of lost time :mad:

As Advexure said, the camera has to go back to DJI's own repair center as the dealer based repair center's don't seem to have been given the parts & training for this sort of repair :( .

Don't hold your breath for a quick repair either... so far it's taken over four weeks to even get a quote from DJI, and I'm at another week from OK'ing the repair and haven't heard anything more back from them yet. If I'd been using this kit operationally then I'd have had to go get a backup unit :(

Is that at the repair facility in Netherlands or which one in Europe? Should not be taking that long anymore. May recommend poking a stick in the fire. It's been awhile since we've heard of these week+ long turnarounds.

Thanks for the welcome, prompt reply & link.
Seems like I may have looked at that page and read that there was a significant charge to have the repair estimated, whether I authorized to have the repair performed or not. I do understand there is tech time involved in this.
Not knowing what the repair might cost, I have no idea if it would be cost effective to have this done.

Would be a shame to turn it into a paperweight.

You are correct that if you choose not to proceed with a repair you may be subject to a diagnostic fee. To be quite honest, you're going to find that at any service facility and yes it's frustrating but I know how crazy busy our techs are and they can't be spending all day diagnosing issues at $0, nor is our management going to be paying for all of their training, certifications, repair fixtures and other equipment to conduct their work at a high standard.

Thanks for the help with this. Given NickU's estimate ($300 plus) to replace a soon to be outdated, couple year old $450 camera, it may become a Christmas tree ornament.

@Advexure, yes that's the NL repair centre, they had to be prodded after 2 weeks, and even then it took them another two weeks to come up with the quote.

Also had to wait a long time for dji to send the dealer a replacement gimbal mount board - I delivered the I2 to the dealer for diiagnosis/quote/repair on 8th May and still have no idea when it'll all be back and flying again :( I'm not impressed with DJI over their repair channels at all.

I've just done the same thing and broke the mount absorbing board. looks like epoxy is coming out to give it a chance to repair the X4 camera but fear the absorbing board is goosed. Got one hopefully coming but its coming from China...

Hi all,
New to the forum.
Joined to hopefully get some help locating parts to repair a X4S.
Would like to repair it so that I could put it up for sale.
I purchased it at a local auction knowing that it has some value.
Though I'd love to, I do not have an Inspire 2 drone.
I've had various RC equipment over the past 30 years but have not owned any high end drones.... Yet.

The yaw arm is broken and looks like a cover for the ribbon on the yaw arm may be missing also.

I know the market for an item like this is limited and thought the members on this forum may be able to help.

Regards, Ken

GL1SOrg.jpg

wY8Me3p.jpg

C0SspTh.jpg
Hi ken,
I am Rémy from France, i broke my X4S 2 days ago. Do you still have your ??? Could me make a deal ? I could need to buy your if you sale it.

Regards

Rémy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop