Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

..X5..12mm Olympus Lens.. 4K..

There is no comparison between the original FJI lens and the Olympus. Olympus hands down winner. I got some really good stills out of the DJI but the video was less than perfect. Maybe I'm not advanced enough to set it properly but the Olympus 12mm for me is just set it and go flying. I will keep testing but for now it's pretty sweet happy flying guys.
Do you need to calibrate the 12mm the same way you do with the DJI 15mm in the app? If so, did you have any issues with that?

Do you need to calibrate the 12mm the same way you do with the DJI 15mm in the app? If so, did you have any issues with that?

Yes you need to calibrate that lens as well. Just put on a bright shirt, fly it straight up 50 m and point the camera down to calibrate with yourself as the subject.

Reactions: tweaker
Yes sir, The 12 mm lens calibrates the same way. I do wish that you got a confirmation of proper calibration upon completion. Also it is stored in the tablet so if you change the tablet you have to re-calibrate. I just ordered several DJI focus sets and will be testing them on several DJI x5's for continuity before I start selling them. It seems like the app needs better focusing abilities, slower manual etc...Hopefully the DJI Focus will take it to the next level. There is no comparing the 2 lenses in my opinion,(again only my opinion). The Olympus is really sharp and has great depth of field. I am able to get some nice video as well as stills with it. If I can help in any way just let me know.

it was ok , every footage i see in 4k has that jittery in the background no matter the fps.
pal or ntsc 24 or 25+ fps , i just dont bother any more. most things 1080p is more than enough at 60fps.
if there is setting to fix that i would love know .
thanks guys

I personally get a small amount of jitter in 4k 30 fps when panning but when I post edit the footage I downsize it to 1080 in adobe while editing then right before publish I change it back to 4k and the jitter is completely gone. Im not exactly sure how or why but this works for me. I believe If we could up the fps in 4k to like 60 fps it would take care of it but that is not an option right now with the current setting options.

Reactions: dasko

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc