Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 Gimbal Damage

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Last night i was out using my Inspire 1 When I brought it back to land, I had just put it in to a hover about 4 feet off the ground away to lower the landing gear i got an error message come up on the DJI app and my transmitters green light went to red and started beeping. Before i had a chance to react the Inspire 1 decended quite fast into the grass. Unfortunately i wasnt able to get the landing gear lowered in time so the X5 has taken the impact. After having a look over the Inspire and camera everything looks fine apart from the gimbal on the yaw axis has been damaged, it rocks back and forth quite freely.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also now when I switch the Transmiter on i keep getting this error message. When i try to connect the Inspire 1 it takes about 7 or 8 attempts of switching the transmiter and the inspire 1 on and off in different combinations to get a green light on the transmitter. I have not flown the Inspire since the accident last night, but i have tested it with the props off and it all seems fine once i get the green light.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So what are my options now, can the gimbal be repaired or replaced? Also I dont really trust the inspire now, with the transmitter issue, i would hate to have this happen at a much higher altitude. I havent been in touch with DJI yet, going to do it later on this morning. Do you think the inspire will have to be sent back to DJI and do you think this would be covered under warranty? I've only had this inspire around 2 months.

Got nearly the same after a small crash.
Send the X5 to DJI Germany and paid 147 EUR via Paypal.
Two days later I was airborne again with a repaired X5.

Got nearly the same after a small crash.
Send the X5 to DJI Germany and paid 147 EUR via Paypal.
Two days later I was airborne again with a repaired X5.

Cheers for that,

I've been in touch with DJI and there saying they want the drone and the camera sent into the Netherlands. Waiting to hear back from them with a pick up time, hasnt really been the quickest service to be honest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop