Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 Repair

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a broken x5, does anyone know anyone who can fix them? the ribbon is torn and needs to be replaced.

Submit an online repair request to DJI and send it in. They will be by far the cheapest and they are usually back within a week in my experience. But I live in CA where they are based. Might be only 65$ to repair.

Hello,

I have a broken x5, does anyone know anyone who can fix them? the ribbon is torn and needs to be replaced.
Since this is an international forum it would help if you said where on planet Earth you are. That way you would get suggestions for repair locations that may not be on the other side of the planet From you.

Reactions: dirkclod
Go to DJI website to find your country DJI authorised service centre than your country DJI service centre will send your damaged X5 gimbal and good to send with the lens together.

Submit an online repair request to DJI and send it in. They will be by far the cheapest and they are usually back within a week in my experience. But I live in CA where they are based. Might be only 65$ to repair.

Make sure you make it clear that you want parts compatible with legacy firmwares. Or you'll be stuck with all the shortcomings of the latest, greatest firmware. And believe me, there are LOTS.

D

Make sure you make it clear that you want parts compatible with legacy firmwares. Or you'll be stuck with all the shortcomings of the latest, greatest firmware. And believe me, there are LOTS.

D
oh darn i didnt even think about new firmwares

oh darn i didnt even think about new firmwares

If it's not too late, call ahead and stipulate that you want your X5 to be repaired with OEM parts only so that it REMAINS compatible with legacy firmwares. Remind them that the "O" stands for ORIGINAL. If they can't provide that, I would have them send it back. It will be interesting to see what they say.

D

D
Can you point me at some threads to learn more about this?

Can you point me at some threads to learn more about this?

How about a video? Firmware v1.10.xx and all subsequent versions sandbag the video feed. I well documented it in this video. v1.09.xx simply expands the NFZ's. Therefore, v1.08.xx is the sweet spot. Between my partner and I we have 3 Inspire 1's, including the pro, and all 3 are 100% reliable, require no tests to fly, and will fly essentially anywhere we wish, sans within 1 mile of Class B or C airspace.

Please notice the publishing date.

Good luck.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare