Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

x5r Video Raw GPS exif issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to use the GPS info in raw video frames from my x5r. The GPS location appears to be off by about a kilometer and it does not appear to change much as the drone is moving to different locations. Can someone test and see if I should expect gps location in the video raw dng files to be accurate?

The location does move slightly from file to file in the stream, but not by much.

Video doesn't have ExIF data. If you have taken stills, the ExIF data will exist there, but will be static and married to the place where the still was snapped.

D

Video doesn't have ExIF data. If you have taken stills, the ExIF data will exist there, but will be static and married to the place where the still was snapped.

D
When you record in cDNG the camera records a still DNG photo for every single frame of the video. When you pull it off the ssd each “video” is just a folder with thousands or tens of thousands of still frame DNGs which, other than being cropped to video aspect ratios, are no different than taking photos in photo mode for all intents and purposes and do contain exif and GPS data.

On the I2 the GPS data on the cDNG frames appear to be accurate.
48BAB9B0-A22F-48DF-9A95-53976CF5E0F6.png
AEAADD5F-A2F3-4929-B109-0EE9223B77E9.jpeg

When you record in cDNG the camera records a still DNG photo for every single frame of the video. When you pull it off the ssd each “video” is just a folder with thousands or tens of thousands of still frame DNGs which, other than being cropped to video aspect ratios, are no different than taking photos in photo mode for all intents and purposes and do contain exif and GPS data.

On the I2 the GPS data on the cDNG frames appear to be accurate.
View attachment 31598
View attachment 31599
Touché. I amend my original comment disclude cDNG video. Thanx for the info.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido